Am I missing the full Recorded TV list?

AtomicCEO

AtomicCEO

I got the Nexus Player last night and hooked it up to Emby, and this is an awesome solution to my media center needs.

I'm sure I'm just confused about this... but when I go to Live TV, I see a row for "Latest Recordings"...   But I don't see an option to see *All* Recordings.  

Am I missing that in an obvious place?  How do I see my non-latest Recordings from my Recorded TV?  Like, I have 6 episodes of Hannibal recorded, but I can only see the most recent one.  

I'm using ServerWMC if that is relevant.

AtomicCEO

That part of the app just hasn't been fully developed yet.

Ah, ok.  Forgive me for being a noob, but what's the development team like?  Is it Emby itself, or an external party?

Is this app fairly recently invented or has it been around a while?

How often are updates made and what is the development pace like?

Is it a single dude?  You, maybe?  

Can the developer be motivated by money or beer?   :D

This is a great app.  It's the missing link for me to finally sever ties with Windows Media Center (who just announced their discontinued support for Netflix today).  I think I read that there were workaround to take recorded TV files and move them to a file structure that Emby Media Libraries support... but if real Recorded TV support is on the roadmap, I'll just contribute to the project and be patient.

This app started development at the beginning of this year and was first released to the general public in April.  The pace of development and enhancements on it is very fast.  Live TV was just put in in June.  There is a version in beta testing now with more improvements, but not to the Live TV/Recordings part yet.  Those enhancements are on the list though.

• Like 1

AtomicCEO

Oh, I see... In the "Latest" I still seeing all my recordings... just in date order from newest to oldest.  

I thought I was missing stuff, but I confirmed that it's all there and playable.  This is totally functional as is (although enhancements are always welcome).

Thanks!

PhilWhite

Not that you need it, but my advice is contribute to the project and be patient.  This team gets it done.  TV development has been fairly quick and quite impressive from what I've seen.

I contributed to the Silicon Dust Kickstarter campaign since it sounded interesting.  I still think it is interesting and worthwhile, but my money is on Emby TV.  I'm very excited for its integration into the server.

I contributed to Emby within a week of seeing what it had to offer.  I don't regret it in the least.  I kind of regret the contribution to SD, but if it helps development of computer based TV delivery in any way then it's worthwhile.