SAT>IP

Schimi

Guest Diefenthal

Bit of a shame, guess i'll have to wait for either SatIp OR the TvHClient plugin to be improved.

sadly yes, but i had it said at the begining that this is not an "One Man Show"

so long no Tv, Recording, Schedule functions are native supported

The hope dies last

Edited by Diefenthal

• 1 month later...
Master of Tragedy

It's a petty that development is so slow here.

In the meantime Plex works fine with my SAT>IP Server and Live-TV now and they also have integrated flawless GPU support for transcoding on my QNAP.

So, right now Plex is way ahead for me again.

• 1 month later...

@@Lee

if you have an enigma tv tuner then we have a better way of using that with Emby. Now with OpenVix you can add your enigma tuner directly to Emby using Emby's native support. No VU+ plugin needed.

You can learn more here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/52762-enigma2-livetvdvr-support/

Thanks !

• 11 months later...
maegibbons

Read @@lukes's response directly above yours.

Using the openvix plugin on enigma2 boxes is the best way to get satallite in to emby.

It works very well.

Krs

Mark

rechner123

Any Updates to this topic?

Fritz!Box offers now SAT-over-IP with their Cable boxes.

hi

maybe you can get it working with the m3u from the fritz box.

• 1 year later...
alxscott

Yes m3u should work too.

Trialing Emby as a replacement for Plex; it was late last night but I tried the following regarding LiveTV...

My SatIP tuner doesn’t not produce its own m3u so I downloaded the SatIp template m3u from http://www.satip.info/Playlists/ASTRA_28_2E.m3u

Modified with my tuner IP address.

Added to Emby and populated EPG.

SatIP tuner showed active connection.

Live TV failed to load.

I know I’m being very broad because it was late and I’m not at home now; but in theory should this have worked? If the answer is yes then I know I just need to fiddle.... or would this fundamentally never work for reasons such as incompatible stream / inability to load / transcode requirements etc.

Thank you in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spaceboy

Should work, that’s how I do it. My m3u refers partly to an iptv sub but also partly to a local install of dvbviewer. What you are attempting seems no different

Spaceboy

Looking at the satellite he is using I can tell you we are both in the uk. Here satellite covers all free to air channels. There are hundreds more paid channels which are now encrypted but 10 years or so ago I used to be able to get them in full hd in WMC. Unfortunately they’ve tightened up their encryption since then....

BillOatman

Thanks.  I was wondering what channels I might get in the US to see if it is worth even getting a box.  I have a dish on my house from back in the day so I figured it might be fun to get a box.  But not if I won't get any watchable channels :)

SHSPVR

Thanks.  I was wondering what channels I might get in the US to see if it is worth even getting a box.  I have a dish on my house from back in the day so I figured it might be fun to get a box.  But not if I won't get any watchable channels :)

I have to say 0 channel 0 signal as sat are on other side earth

alxscott

Should work, that’s how I do it. My m3u refers partly to an iptv sub but also partly to a local install of dvbviewer. What you are attempting seems no different

So I finally managed to get a stream to load in VLC; I then modified the .m3u file from Satip.info ( For future reference the src=2 option needed to be changed to src=1 on my SatIP tuner ( Megasat Server 3).

Now I know the stream works; I'm unfortunately finding that Emby seems to freeze when ffprobe-ing the RTSP stream. I'm copied the command into Terminal and confirmed... it does freeze!

Any ideas? Emby Logs attached. 

Client - Tizen App / Safari / iOS App ( All Outcomes the same)

m3u file - Attached

Mux / Channel - Multiple

Thank you

embyserver.txt

ASTRA_28_2E-5 m3u.txt

Spaceboy

So I finally managed to get a stream to load in VLC; I then modified the .m3u file from Satip.info ( For future reference the src=2 option needed to be changed to src=1 on my SatIP tuner ( Megasat Server 3).

Now I know the stream works; I'm unfortunately finding that Emby seems to freeze when ffprobe-ing the RTSP stream. I'm copied the command into Terminal and confirmed... it does freeze!

m3u file - Attached

Mux / Channel - Multiple

Thank you

from my experience emby doesn’t work that well with rtsp streams. If there’s any way you can get a http stream I’d try that. Otherwise you’re going to need to ask for help with that

BillOatman

m3u file - Attached

Mux / Channel - Multiple

Thank you

xTeve can handle RTSP streams.  Pretty sure the author added that capability to be able to view his cameras.  You might want to give that a try.

alxscott

Hi,

Thanks for that... when I renamed the URLs to ”http://...” they were processed fine... now I have the issue where certain clients play well; others not so well and some not at all!

Alex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk