SAT>IP

Schimi

Schimi

would EmbyTV support SAT>IP?

I Use the "Elgato EyeTV Netstream 4Sat" and the Box is great... it would be awesome if EmbyTV would support SAT>IP directly... :-)

• 1 month later...
rechner123

would EmbyTV support SAT>IP?

I Use the "Elgato EyeTV Netstream 4Sat" and the Box is great... it would be awesome if EmbyTV would support SAT>IP directly... :-)

This would be great because then we can use also dvbviewer rec service.

• 3 months later...

@@Luke EmbyTV should support the sat>ip standard, this is the future imo and also any tvserver with respect for it's future will support this. With sat>ip support you would add support for several server backends and hardware in one go.

Sent from mTalk

• Like 1

Enigma satellite receivers seem to have sat>ip servers built into the images now too... This would be very nice indeed!

• 2 weeks later...
Peter Nent

Dear Emby community!,

As enthousiastic user of Emby (and years ago also MCE / WMC + MediaBrowser), I've recently bought a Digital Device OctopusNet 4x DVB-C + 2x CI/CAM solution (and AlphaCript CAM using it with Ziggo paycards) in order to use it with a combination of:

- Kodi and

- Emby

here in The Netherlands (Provider:Ziggo).

After consulting Digital Devices, I came to the conclusion, that MTD is not (yet) supported, thus I'm 'only' able to view/record 2 encrypted TV channels simultaneously.... (not nice, but ok....)

I'm currently using (paid) DVBlogic server software on my Windows Server 2012R2: it seems to be running fine, but unfortunately, it is not easy to use in daily usage for example if new TV channels are being introduced, or TV-channel icons are changed (Europsport for example), etc., thus I investigated other solutions such as DVBviewer, but unfortunately, they don't have a working Emby plug-in.....after asking them for this, they pointed me to you....(see:  http://www.dvbviewer.tv/forum/topic/56533-dvbviewer-plugin-for-emby/).

Questions:

1) - The BEST solution would be to have SATIP directly implemented by Emby, with GOOD support also for DVB-C, Logical Channel Numbers (a typical European demand I guess...) and a good EPG system, supporting CI/CAM on server-side too (for example: DD OctopusNet or others): this GOOD support of encrypted TV channels is really neccessary, as here in he Netherlands, almost all important TV channels are Irdeto encrypted.....and as I like to keep things LEGAL, there should be good support for this....Question: can you give any indication wether Emby will implement such a SATIP support soon ?

2) - DVBviewer plugin: it seems, there has been some DVBviewer plug-in development for Emby (see their forum), but DVBviewer points to Emby to fully support and implement it....it seems...

3) - Other solution for GOOD & LEGAL encrypted TV-channels support via SATIP or other for Emby? 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Diefenthal

Sat>ip isnt complicated

it use some protocols

Upnp /Ssdp for Device Discover

Http  or Rtsp - Rtp (creating Session and recieve Rtp encapsuled Mpeg2Ts Stream over udp), Rtcp( session informations and Recieption Details ) 

i prefer the Rtsp Rtp way 

now the base question 

can emby handle raw Ts  ( Byte packets ) ?

PS here are my samples

https://github.com/Diefenthal/SatIp-Rtsp-Sample

https://github.com/Diefenthal/SatIp-Discovery-Sample

Edited by Diefenthal

Guest Diefenthal

ok

then need we some more things config dialog for the satipserver  where the user can bind the source(Sattelite or other broadcast) to frondend (tuner) and an scan / search engine

if i had it right seen in the sourcecode of emby is there only an api  for backend

Edited by Diefenthal

e123enitan

ok

then need we some more things config dialog for the satipserver where the user can bind the source(Sattelite or other broadcast) to frondend (tuner) and an scan / search engine

if i had it right seen in the sourcecode of emby is there only an api for backend

Nice to note this subject have reignited, I am willing to partake in the testing as I have dvbviewer installed in my server and several kodi as clients, everything is working fine, althought its for free to air no egp of any sort.

Guest Diefenthal

the base question is what the emby community want  a own build backend  for sat>ip devices

or an backend that can work with sat>ip Servers  for that give it some  (DvbViewer ,Nextpvr, ProgDvb , Mediaportal Tve 3.5)

pir8radio

This does look interesting, It appears SAT>IP is going to be a new protocol. here is a link to the protocol standard they are trying to develop:   http://www.satip.info/resources   looks to be big in Europe right now.  But this does look really cool...

It's an RTSP stream so it should play well with emby.  Hopefully someone can build a nifty interface for it!  I would buy a free-to-air SAT>IP tuner if this was native in emby for sure!

Edited by pir8radio

Guest Diefenthal

why would we need a backend, sat>ip is the backend, we need the emby client.

for me is an backend that grabs the epg,  manage the recordings  ans so long

sure sat>ip can with the right Software do this  but an Sat>Ip Server cant do that directly  it Needs an Software for grab the epg or mange recordings  

and it is an Rtp encapsuled Mpeg2 stream  Rtsp is only for the communication with the Sat>ip Server

for me is an backend that grabs the epg,  manage the recordings  ans so long

sure sat>ip can with the right Software do this  but an Sat>Ip Server cant do that directly  it Needs an Software for grab the epg or mange recordings  

Those features are already implemented in EmbyTV if I'm not mistaken, just need EmbyTV to support Sat>ip protocol as well as hdhomerun or whatever it's limited to now.

I'm no expert on this but I believe the hdhomerun and sat>ip differ quite a bit where in simple terms I would describe hdhomerun as a streaming service and sat>ip more like remote tuners, so in that sense sat>ip would need more on the frontend side. I may be mistaken though I have not spent a lot of time researching it but I notice it's more and more available.

Guest Diefenthal

Those features are already implemented in EmbyTV if I'm not mistaken, just need EmbyTV to support Sat>ip protocol as well as hdhomerun or whatever it's limited to now.

I'm no expert on this but I believe the hdhomerun and sat>ip differ quite a bit where in simple terms I would describe hdhomerun as a streaming service and sat>ip more like remote tuners, so in that sense sat>ip would need more on the frontend side. I may be mistaken though I have not spent a lot of time researching it but I notice it's more and more available.

that is the Point  hdhomerun and sat>ip are Network tuners and not an backend

they publish only the raw data after the Client  says he wont see channel Service  xyz

Edited by Diefenthal

I'll give a dev my dvbviewer license (which I don't use any more) if they look at a sat>ip plugin...

• Like 1

Guest Diefenthal

my Problem is i have no knowlege to emby s code struct

it is better that an emby community dev write the plugin

but i can him say what required is and where it can be to Problems

Guest Diefenthal

yes have it seen  yesterday  but that are Clients for backends

channel  scan epg grab are on backend side

and this plugins load it from there

you should sat>ip Server as tuner somewhere in your Network

and so must an channel scan implemented in the Client Plugin same is for the epg grabber or record Management

and for that had i nothing seen on github

Guest Diefenthal

sorry, I do not speak English.

We have no luck with the plugin :-(

my native language is german

and try to wrote english  more bad than good 

to " We have no luck with the plugin "

the question  should be which emby dev had time to work on it

and want Information about sat>ip  from me

than can i help with code snippets based on c# written in vs 2008

Edited by Diefenthal

@@Luke obviously you have bigger fish to fry atm, but do you think anyone on the dev team might fancy looking at this? It would be handy for many in Europe if implemented like the HDHomerun.