Only record missing episodes on series?

legallink

legallink

Is it possible to only record missing episodes on series recordings?  For example, I've been recording big bang theory and it keeps recording duplicates of ones that have already been recorded.  Anyways for it to only record ones that haven't been recorded?

Some additional details:  I convert all wtv recordings to mkv's and shrink them, then take them out of Live TV and put them in TV shows.  I don't know if that makes it impossible or not.

• 2 years later...
maegibbons

You beat me too it.  Does the THREE arrows as well as the highlight box show a certain level of frustration?

:)

Krs

Mark

If people don't know about a feature then it's basically the same as if we don't even have it at all.

We chose the WMC way of doing things which just allows you to click "Record Series" without having to fill out a form of settings. That decision means less clicks but it also might make it harder to locate series options...even though the series settings button appears the moment you click record series.

Hi @@Luke,

I dont see that option on the webpage do i need a different app i can only record

59e47ac45d4b1_Untitled.jpg

It looks like the external service (presumably ServerWMC) is not reporting that as a series item so no series recording options.  However, the option we are talking about here probably isn't going to work with an external service because it is the external service that is managing your recording process, not Emby.

IOW Emby does have the feature you are requesting but you aren't using Emby to do your recording.

I will install ServerWMC and check later on.

Yes it shows the tv shows as movies now but i did not insatld any extra tv guids service i only setup tvHeadend 

I will install ServerWMC and check later on.

Yes it shows the tv shows as movies now but i did not insatld any extra tv guids service i only setup tvHeadend 

You posted in a ServerWMC forum so I assumed that was what you were using but the same applies to any of the external services.

Ok if you have HD Homerun then I would highly recommend uninstalling TVHeadEnd and just using our native support. Then you'll have this feature.