Unable to connect to server error

BeeGee

BeeGee

I'm trying to connect to my emby server on my Android device and I'm getting the error "unable to connect to server". This is the same problem I was having before and could not access my server but when I turned my laptop on and connected to the server then I was able to access it. As of right now I have not done this and I was hopping I dont have to do this everytime I want to use my server on my android box. I would really like to get this fixed as I have been working on my server now for almost 3 weeks.

Any help sure would be appreciated.

BG

BeeGee

I'm pretty sure my issues are with which server to install on my android such as Windows, which I'm assuming I cant install on an android app, linuix (unfamiliar with), Nas (unfamiliar with), BSD (unfamiliar with). Lets start there. I have been assuming that since I have downloaded the Emby app from google store that I have downloaded my server onto my android box. With much reading and all the problems I have been having with accesing emby I'm now thinking this is the first hurdle I need to get over. Please, any help would be much appreciated.

The server and the apps are two separate components and the app needs to be able to connect to a running server.

Assuming you installed the server on your laptop, then, yes, it needs to be running for any of the apps to be able to use it.

Here is a picture of how the system works.  It is very old but the basic layout still applies:

mb3overall.jpg

BeeGee

Thank You @@ebr, I think I finally have it now. I kept getting errors on kodi program because I could not configure the emby/kodi repository on kodi. I just could not figure it out and was wondering what I was doing wrong until I happened to open my laptop and start the server and then from there was able to log into my emby server. I'm so ready to get my media up and running.  :)

BG

Vidman

Yes if the server is installed on your laptop, your laptop must be on and the server running to connect to it from your client apps(emby for android, emby for kodi etc)