Folder ArtWork

Blueeyiz702

Blueeyiz702

My question is,how and where to put folder artwork so it shows up properly,and to get it to show?

im still learning how to do this,but not able to get it to show up rite,im trying to use these for T.V series Folders55b9d69737213_screenshotlimavdeviantartc

Blueeyiz702

And i just noticed as i was reading in forums,that you should have a IBN folder i dont? its called metatdata and has all the folders listed it should

except 2 key ones,the general folder and the mediainfo folder,anybody can tell me why,do i need to rename metadata to imagebyname?

BATTLE DONKEY

Newer installations have a metadata folder instead of the original imagebyname folder. You don't have to rename it, leave it as is.

To use your folder artwork you can simply go into the web dashboard, click on the TV show you want to add the new folder for, click edit, images, then upload image. Either browse to where u have the image saved or just drag and drop onto the square that opens up and hit save after

Blueeyiz702

Newer installations have a metadata folder instead of the original imagebyname folder. You don't have to rename it, leave it as is.

To use your folder artwork you can simply go into the web dashboard, click on the TV show you want to add the new folder for, click edit, images, then upload image. Either browse to where u have the image saved or just drag and drop onto the square that opens up and hit save after

when your update/add image from drop down which of the 11 options to you choose.thats where i mess it up?

BATTLE DONKEY

Do you mean the list that comes up asking if it is the primary, backdrop, logo, fanart, thumb, etc? If so, then select primary. Primary will always be the cover for movies/TV shows/music.

Once u upload it u should see it in the list of images as primary and when u browse ur TV shows u should see the same image as the cover of the show.

Then repeat for the rest of your shows

Blueeyiz702

Do you mean the list that comes up asking if it is the primary, backdrop, logo, fanart, thumb, etc? If so, then select primary. Primary will always be the cover for movies/TV shows/music.

Once u upload it u should see it in the list of images as primary and when u browse ur TV shows u should see the same image as the cover of the show.

Then repeat for the rest of your shows

thank you,appreciate the help!

Blueeyiz702

BATTLE DONKEY,also where the blue writing is that shows action/sci-fi/thriller can you edit that in metedata manger to just one catagory so you dont have the same move in 3 different folders?55c5048e119a3_screenshot1921680204809620

BATTLE DONKEY,also where the blue writing is that shows action/sci-fi/thriller can you edit that in metedata manger to just one catagory so you dont have the same move in 3 different folders?

Those are in the metadata manager under Genre. Just curious - why would you want to limit your collection to one genre?

Blueeyiz702

Those are in the metadata manager under Genre. Just curious - why would you want to limit your collection to one genre?

not my collection,just certain movies that have multiple listings,or is it better to just leave them as they are?

not my collection,just certain movies that have multiple listings,or is it better to just leave them as they are?

Sorry, "collection" as in "all your movies" - not Collections as in the display option in Emby.

I leave them so if I am in the mood for an Action movie, I can see Historical, Thriller, Sci-Fi, Martial Arts, etc. movies that are also Action all in one place. I was just curious why you thought Chappie wasn't an Action and Sci-Fi movie.

Regardless, the setting you are looking for is Genre near the bottom of the metadata screen for the movie. You can add and remove them manually if you wish.

Blueeyiz702

Thank you raff,and yes it is a action Action and Sci-fi just not a thriller.

Blueeyiz702

Whay do guys think about these icons hedgehogg whipped up for me,check out the mini james hatefield from metallica she maid for concerts,Sic55c771ad8ac38_screenshot1921680204809620