Sync to External drive

tired dad

tired dad

Hello,

I've tried this on two different portable hard drives, but I cannot get the sync plug-in to choose a folder other than the root folder on each drive.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Reboot did not help.

This is on sync 3.0.5582.40801 and server 3.0.5675.1

I can't see anything obvious in the server log, but here it is anyway.

server-63573638400.zip

when you setup your folder sync you can configure the root folder to be whatever you wish. that is what the sync process will use. so configure to e:\folder rather than just e:\

tired dad

when you setup your folder sync you can configure the root folder to be whatever you wish. that is what the sync process will use. so configure to e:\folder rather than just e:\

Yes, that's what I tried... every time it is not a root folder on the drive, the plugin indicator spins away, but then does not add the location.

Edited by tired dad

Ok, I see an issue and it will currently only accept paths that already exist. so that's your workaround for now. i'll update the plugin to try and make sure the path you enter is created.

tired dad

Ok, I see an issue and it will currently only accept paths that already exist. so that's your workaround for now. i'll update the plugin to try and make sure the path you enter is created.

Thanks; for the record, it doesn't work with a preexisting folder either.  I have this folder already set up:

H:\Videos\Stuff

And the plugin will not see it.

Edited by tired dad

Ok, I can't reproduce that. no problem found. make sure the path is something the emby server process is going to be able to see.

tired dad

Ok, I can't reproduce that. no problem found. make sure the path is something the emby server process is going to be able to see.

Odd.  The server definitely sees the root because I am converting a file right now.  Just not subfolders on any external drive.  I'll reboot the client and sever once the sync job is done to see what's what.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
tired dad

I have exactly the same problem. Have you managed to sort this issue out?

I was on a road trip, so nope...