Sort music by composer

wolfgang

timlance

Here is a classical file where the

composer is Beethoven, Ludwig van

album artist is Roger Norrington & The London Classical Players & The Schutz Choir of London

artist is Yvonne Kenny, Sarah Walker, Patrick Power, Petteri Salomaa & Roger Norrington & The London Classical Players & The Schutz Choir of London

Edited by timlance
forgot to attach the damn file

timlance

And to be clear, tracks 1-9 have Roger Norrington & The London Classical Players & The Schutz Choir of London as both artist and album artist, and tracks 10-12 have the extra names in artist.

timlance
On 6/9/2022 at 1:55 PM, timlance said:

And to be clear, tracks 1-9 have Roger Norrington & The London Classical Players & The Schutz Choir of London as both artist and album artist, and tracks 10-12 have the extra names in artist.

timlance
On 6/9/2022 at 1:09 PM, timlance said:

Here is a classical file where the

composer is Beethoven, Ludwig van

album artist is Roger Norrington & The London Classical Players & The Schutz Choir of London

artist is Yvonne Kenny, Sarah Walker, Patrick Power, Petteri Salomaa & Roger Norrington & The London Classical Players & The Schutz Choir of London

Been a week. Anything?

I imported the track into a test lib and it found one Composer:

image.png

Then I clicked on that Composer and this is what I got:

image.png

timlance
2 minutes ago, timlance said:

And I do not.

I get, as always ...

Songs

More Like This

Could this be a Mac thing? I am on macOS v12.4 Monterey and iOS 15.5

I no longer have a Windows boot volume on my Mac.

Edited by timlance

timlance

At least with the latest server update I do now get 'Appears On'. Success! Of a sort. Trouble is the 'Appears On' results are not sortable. They are rather random. If they were in alphabetical order I could have some sense of where i might end up but even then it'd be almost unusable.

For example, our friend Mr. Beethoven appears on 99 albums. In the UI there is one row of album images. That's a boatload of scrolling required, especially on my phone when there are only two albums showing at a time.

If I go into 'Songs' I get a nice list of 727 items which I can view in all sorts of ways (e.g. banner, list, etc.) and the . It would be quite efficient to have that ability for 'Appears On'.items are sortable.

Thanks for sticking with this.

10 hours ago, timlance said:

At least with the latest server update I do now get 'Appears On'. Success! Of a sort. Trouble is the 'Appears On' results are not sortable. They are rather random. If they were in alphabetical order I could have some sense of where i might end up but even then it'd be almost unusable.

For example, our friend Mr. Beethoven appears on 99 albums. In the UI there is one row of album images. That's a boatload of scrolling required, especially on my phone when there are only two albums showing at a time.

If I go into 'Songs' I get a nice list of 727 items which I can view in all sorts of ways (e.g. banner, list, etc.) and the . It would be quite efficient to have that ability for 'Appears On'.items are sortable.

Thanks for sticking with this.

Hi, sorting is possible for future updates, yes. Right now they are by newer releases first, then by title. 

timlance
46 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, sorting is possible for future updates, yes. Right now they are by newer releases first, then by title. 

Good to know. Nevertheless, doesn't help get through 99 albums. True, I don't have similar numbers for all composers, but plenty of others have more similar than not.

• 1 year later...
nmertaugh

Hello. I use Emby for movies, TV, and music, it's fantastic. However, one place I have some minor issues with it is when serving a classical music library. Specifically, my tracks are all tagged with ID3 tags for composer and composer-sort. I'd love to sort by composer-sort in Emby when I list composers. Has this ever been considered as a feature? Right now, unless I am mistaken, I would have to write the composer tag as "last, first" if I want to sort by last name. But what I want is to tag composer with "first last" and then composer-sort with "last, first".

Thank you so much.