Have The Option To Keep Movies and Collections Separate.

e27

When I go into my movies I see every movie I own, which is not a bad thing but considering there is a collections category why could they not be separate?  This way only stand alone movies will show up in movies and movies that are part of a collection will show up only in collections, still having the same structure as before.

Deathsquirrel

You can already condense the movies that belong to collections to just show the collection icon in the movies view.  In your user preferences check the 'Group Movies Into Collections' option on the General tab.

• Like 1

Yes I know, however it is redundant.  Why not just leave collections in collections and solo movies in movies. Keep them sepreate.

MrWebsmith

i used to do that but its a management hassle... just think about a large collection

"hmm i want to watch the hangover".. now, i never got the sequels so i goto movies... oh wait.. its not there.. maybe i did get the sequels and its over in collections now...  at what point does it move? who decides when it moves..you the user or emby (to help you)?

i used to keep completely separate media folders for (boxsets) and movies.. but i was always shuffling back and forth and dealing with situaions like above..  and then theres trying to explain that to my family/friends when the wanted to watch something...

now i have the best of both worlds.. i have sets collapsed together (yes within movies).. AND if i really want to look at "only" collections i have emby set to show me a separate view/collection for that... this is nice and solves the issue of my dad just picking it up.

• Like 1