No additional Skins in Emby for kodi

Michael_Schmitz

Michael_Schmitz

Hi,

I would like to know how to install the skins in the Emby repository. There are only the same skins as in normal kodi exept the skin emby. How do i find the others?

Best

Michael

puithove

You can use any of the normal Kodi skins available in the Kodi repository.  There's no need for a special Emby skin.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

There is currently two Emby skins - titan modded by marcelveldt and arctic zephyr exploded modded by im85288. You can find them inside the emby repository (same place you installed the emby for kodi add-on from, except under the Skins section)

For more information, just go into the skin section of this kodi forum (at the top) they each have a thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xnappo

I believe Arctic Zephyr stable is in the Emby Stable repo - while Titan stable is in the official Kodi repo.

• Like 1

StealthDefender

There are no skins available on stable repo at the moment.

Arctic zephir dissapeared from both repos and was dissabled since 4 hours.

Something strange is going on since today!

Gesendet von meinem SM-T800 mit Tapatalk

im85288

Almost correct, Arctic Zephyr Exploded (for Kodi 14 or 15) is in the emby stable repo.

Arctic Zephyr Exploded Kodi 16 version is in the beta repo along with 1080XF MB3 (both personal mods) and Titan beta version.

But you can use any skin at all which allows you much more freedom of choice.

StealthDefender

Almost correct, Arctic Zephyr Exploded (for Kodi 14 or 15) is in the emby stable repo.

Arctic Zephyr Exploded Kodi 16 version is in the beta repo along with 1080XF MB3 (both personal mods) and Titan beta version.

But you can use any skin at all which allows you much more freedom of choice.

This is not correct so far, i have looked at 3 installations of kodi and there is no arctic zephyr exploded any more in any repo!

Gesendet von meinem SM-T800 mit Tapatalk

im85288

Fair enough I must be imagining that I placed my skins in these repos and that I updated the version in the beta repo last night. 

Angelblue05

It seems stable repo contains Arctic, however it is marked as incompatible with Helix anyway, so it's hidden hence why it appears empty. In beta repo, I see 1080XF, Titan beta and Arctic(marked as incompatible). I had to set it not to hide incompatible add-ons for it to show up in listing.

im85288

It seems stable repo contains Arctic, however it is marked as incompatible with Helix anyway, so it's hidden hence why it appears empty. In beta repo, I see 1080XF, Titan beta and Arctic(marked as incompatible). I had to set it not to hide incompatible add-ons for it to show up in listing.

Yes that makes sense, the one in beta is only compatible with Kodi 16.

• Like 1

im85288

Indeed, the question is why your stable is also not compatible. :)

No idea, it should be compatible with isengard. I made a typo above when I said it is for kodi 14.

• Like 1

im85288

Actually it "should" be fine on helix too. The target kodi gui version is 5.3.0 so it should be fine. I have however only tested it on the stable isengard versions and had no incompatible errors. If you get the chance could you turn on debug in kodi and see what exactly it is saying is compatible on helix? If not, no worries :)

• Like 1

Angelblue05

I'm not exactly sure where to see what's not compatible with Helix after enabling debug. When I select the skin, It just says Add-on is incompatible or has been marked broken in repository. Dependencies not met. 

• Like 1

StealthDefender

The question is, why was the skin allways compatible to helix and now not anymore, the stable isengard is not long on the road!

• Like 1

im85288

I'm not exactly sure where to see what's not compatible with Helix after enabling debug. When I select the skin, It just says Add-on is incompatible or has been marked broken in repository. Dependencies not met.

It will be in the Kodi log :) Anyway don't stress over it. Cest la vie

StealthDefender

Mimic is a nice skin ;)

What if this is a lie?!? [emoji48]

Give it a try [emoji3]

Edited by StealthDefender

im85288

No it is a nice skin, there's loads out there. Try them all if you like :)

Angelblue05

@@im85288

Kodi is being a bitch and not mentioning anything in log. I don't know what I should click anyway. It's not like it will let me install an incompatible add-on, it seems. Should I just go ahead and copy the folder in addon to trick it? You think then it will show what's wrong in logs? :P

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

@@im85288

Here we go, I hope this helps in any way lol....

15:57:58 T:6676   DEBUG: Addon skin.arctic.zephyr.im85288 requires xbmc.gui version 5.10.0 which is not available
Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

im85288

@@im85288

Here we go, I hope this helps in any way lol....

15:57:58 T:6676   DEBUG: Addon skin.arctic.zephyr.im85288 requires xbmc.gui version 5.10.0 which is not available

Now that's what I wanted to see :) That is showing it is picking up the beta version of the skin.

5.10.0 is Kodi 16 onwards. The one in stable is 5.3.0

I'm guessing you uninstalled the beta repo before trying this?

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Oki, give me a quick moment. Will disable the beta repo which I totally forgot to do. My bad.