Admin Dark Theme

astraldragon

astraldragon

Hey,

I'm working on a dark theme for the admin screens.  I've got it about 90% done, but I'm having some issues.  I can't seem to find a nice way to re-colour the admin labels.  I want to style them to be a lighter colour, but when I do it affects all the labels in the collapsible panels as well.  I was trying to find a clean solution, but maybe there isn't one.  I might need to do a lot of manual overriding.  Wondering if anyone could help me.  My project is located at https://github.com/astraldragon/emby-themes/tree/master/dark-server.  You can see my failed attempts at getting the label colouring done at the bottom of the LESS file (the commented out section).

Edited by astraldragon
  • Like 1

mediacowboy

Which labels? You might check out my Smoke in the night and see if that helps. I would be interested in helping you and maybe Luke will make the theme's changed and downloadable without the need to change the CSS.

astraldragon

I didn't even notice but yours pretty much does everything that mine did.  I'm just trying to replicate the the normal views styles in the admin screen.  I am a fan of darker UIs.  One way like you did was to make the panels dark as well.  I'm going to try that and see.  Like you have indicated in other posts, it is somewhat difficult to style certain areas of the app.  

This is a pretty neat feature, but I think to take it make it fully flexible it needs more classing that it already has (and no inline styles!).  The admin area is pretty lacking in consistent classing for quite a few things.

Edited by astraldragon