Channel change leaves ffmpeg/tuner association

raisovich
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

raisovich

Hi, I'm relatively new to this plugin, but I'm finding that I'm having trouble when changing channels.  My config is Windows 7, running the EmbyTV plugin in association with the Emby Roku app (Roku 3500 stick) and a 3-tuner HDHomeRun Prime.

If I watch Live TV channels directly from Emby in a browser, close the stream and switch channels, the tuner in use is released and reused almost immediately.  However, when using Emby for Roku, if I select a channel and start playing the stream, then hit the "back" button and select another channel, the new stream will start playing, but the old tuner is not released, according to the HDHR; if I look at Task Manager, I see two ffmpeg processes running:  one for the new stream, and one for the old.  Same thing happens if I hit the Home button and come into the app completely fresh.  As near as I can tell, the ffmpeg processes will finally die off after 10 minutes, and the Live TV tab shows the tuners as free at the same time.

Don't know if it's important, but I've also went through this exercise with Next PVR and its Emby Live TV plugin, and the same behavior seems to be exhibited, with the exception that the ffmpeg processes seemed to die off after 5 minutes or so, so it's a shorter timespan..  Any help would be appreciated.  I can include logs if someone can help me identify which logs are important.

Thanks in advance.

• Solution

This has been resolved for the next server release. you can grab the dev server if you need it immediately.

• Like 1

raisovich

Absolutely right. Just updated to dev/unstable and the problem went away.  Thanks, and I appreciate the great work you guys are doing on the product!

ronvp

I can not play live tv in my IE11 browser on the sever.. I can play in MBT on the server..

note that transcoding continues even if I stop watching TV..

Updated to the new dev server, and noticed that I do not need to install the emby-tv plugin anymore. If I leave it installed, the tuners get listed twice

Edit: Windows phone app also does not play live TV, transcoding starts on the server, but no video on the phone.. Movies stream fine to the phone..

Edit, moved this to a other thread

Edited by ronvp