Reorganize EHS?

hansolo77
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

hansolo77

I used to be able to reorganize the EHS in a previous installment of the server.  There was a page in the side bar pull out menu that let me move the various things in an order I wanted.  Right now, My EHS lists as:

CHANNELS  |  MOVIES  |  TV SHOWS

I'd like to change that to:

TV SHOWS  |  MOVIES  |  CHANNELS

Has this functionality been removed?  I found something in the user profile area that allowed me to psuedo organize, but it doesn't work.

techywarrior

Depends a little on the theme but if you are using one of the MB3/Emby specific themes (not the old MB2 ones) you can edit the order in the user preferences in the web dashboard and it will reflect that in the EHS in EMC.

hansolo77

I'm using the Square theme.  The order in the user preferences area of the dashboard does nothing.

techywarrior

Hm, pretty odd. I am using Square as well. You are talking about the order of the menu items in the top horizontal menu right? Mine match the user preferences I set on the server. Although I haven't changed them in a while.

hansolo77

Yeah that's what I'm referencing.  It used to be the other way around, but when I reinstalled the server on a new machine it now has Channels listed first.  I hardly ever go into the Channels, and do TV the majority of the time.  I've tried different things, even completely removing all Channel plugins.  Now it just shows Channels but it is completely empty.  There's not even anything in there anymore!  I'm also troubleshooting play back issues, so I'm rebuilding my Media Library.  So far, I'm only adding Tv Shows.  When I look at the user profile on the server, it only shows TV Shows as the available option to move, but there's nothing else there so there's nothing to move.  However, Channels STILL shows up first.  I wonder if I can disable Channels altogether until I sort this out.

hansolo77

Grr this is nuts.  I've just about got everything working again after the upgrade of my server system.  I got the files playing directly now instead of streaming.  WOOT!  But this damned EHS layout is driving me insane.  Why won't it allow me to reorganize?  :(  Maybe I'll try deleting the profile and recreate it?  Perhaps something has changed to read-only and no longer allows changes.  I gotta go to work now though so I'll have to try and fix this tonight.  If anybody else has any ideas I can try, please let me know!  I'll check back here before I try anything.

techywarrior

There is a view configuration section in EMC's configuration section. It's supposed to match/pull from the server as far as I know but check that and make sure it's ordered correctly there as well.

In Square go to Apps & Settings (far right) -> Configuration -> View Configuration (I think it's the 4th tab) then check the View Order on the right and adjust if necesary.

hansolo77

Yeah I don't see it anywhere.  There used to be a drag and drop method in the server webapp, but I can't find it.

hansolo77

OK, I think this is a bug...  I created a new user.  Signed out of the default primary user, and logged into the new one.  I configured the new user the way I wanted it to look, and it took!  When I opened Emby in WMC, it showed TV first like I wanted.  Soon as I switched back to my primary account though, the settings reset.  I think the primary account changes don't take.

Follow techy's directions.  You can make the changes in the config pages of EMC.

Logos302

if you goto the server web, click on the little user picture on the top right, click settings, select home screen and then finally scroll down till you see arrows with your media library headings listed you can adjust them there.  this is per user setting if I remember correctly as well.  This will change it for all apps.  

But, if you use the settings in EMC, then you will be certain you are changing the options for the proper user.

hansolo77

I don't see anything like that in my config pages though.  When I enter the config, I see these top options:

General  |  View Options  |  Theme Options  |  Playback  |  Plug-ins  |  Legacy Browsing  |  Chocolate General  |  Chocolate Views  |  Neo Options  |  Square Options  |  Advanced

No where do do I see an option for "View Order".  The '4th tab' gives me options for like the Player and Streaming.  Nothing about the EHS orders.  The closest I can think would be in "View Options", but theres nothing in there about a View Order.  In fact, the only 'order' I see on that page is in the Library section, for sorting by Year in Ascending order.

• Solution

I don't see anything like that in my config pages though.  When I enter the config, I see these top options:

General  |  View Options  |  Theme Options  |  Playback  |  Plug-ins  |  Legacy Browsing  |  Chocolate General  |  Chocolate Views  |  Neo Options  |  Square Options  |  Advanced

No where do do I see an option for "View Order".  The '4th tab' gives me options for like the Player and Streaming.  Nothing about the EHS orders.  The closest I can think would be in "View Options", but theres nothing in there about a View Order.  In fact, the only 'order' I see on that page is in the Library section, for sorting by Year in Ascending order.

Did you enable Legacy Browsing?

• Like 1

Yes, Legacy Folder Browsing is enabled.  Should I disable it?

Legacy browsing does not use the view features of the server so it is impossible to use its ordering.

If you want Legacy browsing, then you have to use sort names on your media folders to control the order on the EHS.

hansolo77

Yes, Legacy Folder Browsing is enabled.  Should I disable it?

That did it!  After disabling Legacy Folder Browsing, it shows my menu how I wanted it.  That's very weird.  I remember enabling that a year or so ago because I had my folder structure setup with 2 subfolders for the "Movies", where they were either HD or SD.  I had to enable that option so when I entered "Movies" it would display those 2 folders.  I've since decided to just merge the two folders into one.  Funny how I never needed to disable it before recreating the user on the server.