Manually adding External ID to a TV Series

jasonmcroy
Go to solution Solved by gcw07,

jasonmcroy

I have been all through this forum trying to find an answer to my problem.

I have added two seasons of Misfits to my TV Series folder. When the server scans it does not find any information for it and so does not download any metadata.

I have found the External ID number on the tvdb.com website. However, when I go to try and manually add the number for the Series folder on the server, under the section labeled "external ID" there is just empty space with no lines or way to enter the ID in manually. 

If I look in the Season folder the space IS there to manually enter the ID number but then it's putting the full series metadata in a season folder instead of the season metadata.

So my question is: how do I manually enter the ID under the Series folder section? 

By the way, I notice on the other TV Series that I have the IDs are properly entered automatically under this section when the server finds the metadata automatically.

My server version is Version 3.0.5070.20258.

i answered it in the other thread. if it's not appearing on the series page, then something isn't right because we're not detecting it as a tv series. could be the collection type, or could be the folder structure not following the guidelines. two likely culprits.

• Like 1

• Solution

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/730-mb3-server-using-the-web-client/&do=findComment&comment=22266

And it should be done at the series level and not the season level. The TVDB id is what needs to be entered. Then after saving try a refresh of the data. It should fetch the series then.

• Like 1

jasonmcroy

@@gcw07 Thanks. I entered the ID at Season level but I had to restart the server for it to refresh properly. The refresh button didn't do it for me. Could also be a whole folder structure problem. Gonna check that out too.

@@Luke - Ok, I will have to look again at the folder structure set up - that must be why it didn't catch it correctly in the 1st place. I thought I had it set up per the instructions, but I will double check it.