Series Recordings Break With All Channels Option

crithon

crithon

I installed Emby server last weekend and since then i have spent almost every free minute playing with EmbyTV plugin.  I have to say the software, both server and plugin are awesome!  It almost makes me regret back a certain DVR software on Kickstarter recently because now i will have to pick one lol

I have noticed that the "All Channels" option seems to break series recordings. If i select that option the show is listed in the series tab, but does not schedule or record.  The only way to get the series to record is to delete the recoding job in the series tab and reschedule it without the "All Channels" option.  I have tried all combinations of options and days for different series and everything works fine as long as all channels is not selected, and selecting all channels breaks working series recordings.

PhilWhite

I noticed the same issue, and I hope it is all solved soon with the integration of Emby TV into the server.  I'm really looking forward to the changes.

I don't regret contributing to the Kickstarter, though, especially if SD and Emby end up partnering at some level.  I think they could integrate well together, but I have no idea of the logistics.

In the end I think Emby wins this battle.  The picture quality is much better than SD's product right now, even with the Kodi plugin.  There are probably some recording issues to work out, but my experience with Emby so far is that they all work very hard to solve problems.  The product speaks for itself.

crithon

How do I upgrade to the alpha on Ubuntu Server 14.04.  I have already set automatic updates to Dev, what else do I need to do?

Edited by crithon