Just Some MBC3.0.96 Thoughts...

godbodian

godbodian

I love what you guys have done with MBC and MB3 as a whole. I very glad that you guys have made aesthetics a more important aspect of your design. Not ever saying that what your designs were before wasn't good, just what MB3 is now is very beautiful and exemplary for the most part.

The new start screen is beautiful, especially the transition.

One thing I would recommend is a protocol or "if" where if the name of the user profile is long (over a certain amount of characters) it can be doubled up or ALL of the fonts shrunk so that all of the names are visible but they do not detract from overall design as it is perfect. Another option is, if none of the Devs like the "stacking and shrinking" method of fitting the whole name in, how about a medium space scroll? I think that could look nice as well. (I've included screenshots of my system to kinda illustrate.) Also, maybe if one of the Devs had time, the start screen in my HUMBLE opinion should mimic whatever color scheme of whatever theme primary user enables for their profile or some general MB3 color scheme for internal branding purposes.

Chapters... I dont really understand or see where the chapters button is.

Its a great feature hopefully I'm not missing something on my end.

Windows 8.1

WMC & MBC

Xbox Extenders

Yeah, I'm not sure what to do with long user names on those tiles.  I think making them smaller would really look bad unless, like you said, they all adjusted and then the smaller ones would look funny.  I dunno...

As for the chapters - do you have the task disabled on your server?  Or, perhaps it just never has completed successfully.

godbodian

Yeah, I was literally writing as I was thinking and in hindsight the first idea is okay but it could really suck. I think the medium speed scroll is the best bet as it keeps the look that is so clean and put together but it does what is needed and gives the full name in those cases.

I'll check back about the chapters, I didn't know there was a setting in MBS. Thanks E.\

Okay I checked it out and I went through my MBS and didn't see any new settings. I think it may not have downloaded and installed correctly as I do remember it was alittle wonky in the beginning. You know that good ole, "MediaBrowser is unable" message that sometimes happens at startup.

Any tips as to how to fix it? Would the beta be in the standard download area? Or somewhere different?

Edited by godbodian

Look in the Scheduled Tasks in the dashboard.  There is a Chapter task.  Does it say it ever ran successfully?  Do chapters show up in the web client?

godbodian

When I read your response, I went to check. I am running MBS 3.05070 & upon my checking it wants to upgrade to 3.0576 (which is taking place currently).

I've allowed it to update and still when I go into Scheduled Tasks and the only headings I see under Library are Chapter Image Extraction, Refresh People & Scan Media Library.

Is there something that I am missing?

Wait, are you talking about Chapters within MB Classic? If so, that is a feature that only some themes currently support. It isn't in all of them. So it will depend upon what theme your running.

He is using Chocolate, which does support them.

"Chapter Image Extraction" is the task.  Run it and see what happens.

He is using Chocolate, which does support them.

"Chapter Image Extraction" is the task.  Run it and see what happens.

From his screenshot, it has run in the past. So they should be there. Assuming it extracted any image. It often doesn't and just creates blank ones.

godbodian

THANK YOU EBR!
That's what it was. I forget about the Chocolate Theme periodically needing to be updated because we've shied away from the old configurator basically for everything.

I'm happy but um... where the heck did the "trailers" film roll go?

The trailer button only shows up if there is a local trailer for that movie.

You shouldn't need to use the configurator to upgrade themes.  They will update automatically within MBC if you set the option to allow that and log in with an admin profile.