Issue With Transcoding (I think)

irh1

Hi,

Looking for some help

Emby Server Version 3.0.5675.1

O/S WinServer 2012 R2 E

Issue : playback stalls after a while (say 10 minutes) you get to watch 5-10 second clips, then a pause, then the next clip.

Everything had been fine, until I shut the system down for a couple of weeks at the beginning of July, and it hasn't worked since

Specifically, it stutters on Android and Web on windows PC, and the new Kodi addon just says 'opening stream', but never plays anything (previously it used to directly play the file).

I suspect multiple problems

At this point, I'm supposed to attach a server log file, but the one for today is already >10MB, so will need to cut and paste lines.

Looking at it, the bulk of it is two lines repeated

2015-07-23 13:11:09.8799 Info - App: HttpClientManager POST: http://192.168.1.102:1400/MediaRenderer/RenderingControl/Control
2015-07-23 13:11:12.2548 Info - App: HttpClientManager POST: http://192.168.1.72:1400/MediaRenderer/RenderingControl/Control

the two IP address are two Sonos Zone players (there are five in total, the other three never appear in the list). I'm not sure if this is a red herring (as far the suttering / transcoding issue goes) but I think it indicates something that needs fixing

Less often, you get the following error

2015-07-23 11:13:29.7802 Error - UpnpContentDirectory: Error processing control request
*** Error Report ***
Version: 3.0.5675.1
Command line: C:\Users\NetAdmin\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\system\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe -service
Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
Processor count: 8
64-Bit OS: True
64-Bit Process: False
Program data path: C:\Users\NetAdmin\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server
Application Path: C:\Users\NetAdmin\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\system\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
One or more errors occurred.
System.AggregateException
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotification)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.get_Result()
   at MediaBrowser.Dlna.ContentDirectory.ControlHandler.GetResult(String methodName, Headers methodParams)
   at MediaBrowser.Dlna.Service.BaseControlHandler.ProcessControlRequestInternal(ControlRequest request)
   at MediaBrowser.Dlna.Service.BaseControlHandler.ProcessControlRequest(ControlRequest request)
InnerException: System.InvalidCastException
Unable to cast object of type 'MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Movies.Movie' to type 'MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder'.
   at MediaBrowser.Dlna.ContentDirectory.ControlHandler.<GetUserItems>d__43.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
   at MediaBrowser.Dlna.ContentDirectory.ControlHandler.<HandleBrowse>d__6.MoveNext()

I have attached a Transcode Log as well. Not sure if it shows anything. To me it looks like it was transcoding away at 500 fps, then stopped with an error, but I could easily be misreading it

TranscodeLog.txt

ServerLog Ist Half.txt

Edited by irh1

I split the log in two, but looks like there is a limit on the total amount you can upload, so this is the first half only. Is that enough?

Thinking about it, is it not more useful to have the server log and transcode log from the same time period?

(If I restart the server, then presumably I get a new log file? that way it'll be smaller ...)

I'm thinking it makes more sense if I get a server log for the same time as the transcode one ... let me get a new set

so of course when I restarted the server, and then watched something, it worked perfectly ....

If I figure out how to get a repeatable issue, then we can revisit

• Like 1