Kodi + Emby + External Player (MPC-HC / MPC-BE / DS Player)

balkerman
Go to solution Solved by balkerman,

balkerman

Is it even possible to use an external player with Kodi + Emby addon? I tried various players and means, but can't get it to work.

If YOU have managed to get Kobi and Emby to work with an external player (MPC-HC / MPC-BE / DS Player), could you let me know how?

Thanks heaps for the help...

Edited by balkerman

Angelblue05

Can you post a log of you trying to play via an external player and post that log? Set the add-on debug to info, no Kodi debug necessary. I'm curious to see how Kodi handles it. Thanks!

I do not use the feature myself, but it might give us some indication as to how you might be able to get it to work.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

@@balkerman

Awesome, if you are using Windows, you can find the file here:

\%AppData%\Roaming\Kodi\Kodi.log

For different platforms: http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Advanced#Log_files

Or you can use the log uploader add-on. Step by step guide right here (How to post a log > first option): http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/17599-how-to-report-a-problem/

balkerman

Done and attached.

started Kodi

open the movies list

played a movie

MPC-BE loaded (message stated failed to render file)

quit player

repeated with another movie (same result)

exit Kodi

Thanks for this!

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Ok, it looks like it should work correctly. However I think your network credentials are incorrect. Somehow your username is preceeded with the word "username:" which is odd. Are you able to remove this? I don't know where it would have been inserted and see if it's then able to load the file in the external player?

• Like 1

balkerman

'username' is my username, the pc where the files are located is named 'username-pc' - the word in the middle is the share password.

Is that what you're referring to?

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Doh! Yes, sorry I'm a bit tired.... :(

Ok, can you try something then? Go via Videos > Files > Add Videos and navigate to the share where your content is located. Kodi should prompt you for your network credentials. If you enter them there and check "remember" then back out and try to play something, does it plays successfully in the external player?

• Like 1

• Solution
balkerman

I deleted by username and password from the emby addon and it has worked!!!

Thanks so much...windows 10 here i come!!

• Like 1