MBT Netflix

Don

I can't get the Netflix plugin to work in MBT. I am getting an error that reads "Could not find Windows runtime type Windows.Management.Deployment.PackageManager.

Any ideas?

snazy2000

I have been looking in to making a Netflix app for MB for all OS's but netflix has closed there API down for new members :(

Edited by snazy2000

I have been looking in to making a Netflix app for MB for all OS's but netflix has closed there API down for new members :(

Yep, they did that late last year or early this year.  All of these guys are closing off to us little folk.

FYI - their rules were rather Draconian anyway.  You could not alter their metadata or presentation in any way - which really made it a non-starter for us anyway.

I see now why they have done this.  They are trying to enforce a uniform experience across all platforms (XB1 notwithstanding).

• 1 month later...
Texag2010

I just cannot get the netflix shortcut in MBT to launch my Netflix app in windows 8.1 b/c the shortcut is trying to launch "NETFIX" instead of "NETFLIX"....missing an "L"

snazy2000

I will get that fixed and update later today. It works ok for me with same version so don't understand why doesn't work but will change text sorry about that

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

What about amazon prime? Crackle? heck even mgo or vudu....just a thought.

There is a plug-in now that will allow you to launch anything you want.

all4dom

I saw that ebr, I was talking about those video sites being designed for a remote control, like the amazon prime plug in made for wmc instead of using a shortcut & then using a different remote.