"Dummy" video sources in Kodi = normal?

cw-kid

cw-kid

I closed and opened Kodi again and this time I watched the whole thing more closely.

It seemed to stick on "Music Videos" 98% for 2 or 3 minutes, then moved on to "Music Artists" did that quite quickly, then moved on to "Music Albums" got to 99% there quickly as well, but then sticks at 99% for about 18 minutes :o

It then moves on to "Music Songs" and then processes the songs pretty quickly as well.

Here the log for this startup.

http://xbmclogs.com/pywdr20q5

On the next one I will change the add-on logging to Debug instead of Info.

Edited by cw-kid

xnappo

Okay - thanks.  Not much to see in that log - so the debug one will hopefully show more.  It is going to make a HUGE file though.

cw-kid

OK new Kodi launch / startup with Debug enabled, had to upload the log file to my Dropbox here, its 72MB.

Same thing again, seems to stick on 99% "Music Albums" for ages..

Also during this time the MediaBrowser.ServerApplication process running on the WHS 2011 HP Microserver NL40, was consistently using between 42-51% of the CPU for quite some time.

Might not be related though, as then later whilst the Kodi scan was still stuck on "Music Albums" 99% the CPU usage for this process then dropped right down again, so maybe the Emby server was doing something else like a Library scan or something. When I then looked at the Emby server manager it was still doing a Guide Refresh. 

However then a bit later the CPU usage for the MediaBrowser.ServerApplication process came back up to around 50% fairly constantly, whilst the Kodi scan was still stuck on "Music Albums" 99%.

The Kodi scan then eventually moved on to "Music Songs" and the MediaBrowser.ServerApplication process then dropped right off again on the servers CPU usage, seemingly at the same time, so maybe the Kodi scan was hammering the servers CPU? 

Thanks

cw-kid

However the good news is that the scans are now completing (eventually) and the music library is back and functioning again!

xnappo

Definitely the music scan is hard on the server - it is a ton of data to transfer.

I didn't see anything 'wrong' in the log - go ahead and try the new sync plugin - it will make it much better.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
wayward

I had to restart my samba service, then i run the scanb again and my library was growing. I should have 72k on mp3 songs but only 27k was indexed

cw-kid

Music syncing has been OK for me lately since the developers changed the way it works to handle large music libraries, but it does still take a long time to do the initial sync and even on the syncs after that it does seem to get stuck on the "Music Albums" section of the scan but it does eventually progress on to "Music Songs" and then complete. 

Angelblue05

I'm pretty sure I already explained why... When on music albums and it's at 99% completion, it starts downloading all your songs from your server hence why it looks stuck, but in truth it is not. The more songs you have, the longer it takes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk