"Dummy" video sources in Kodi = normal?

cw-kid

cw-kid

@@marcelveldt @@Angelblue05

Since the update to v1.1.18 the sync after launching Kodi seems to be now stopping on the "Music Videos" part of the sync. 

Do the log files give any indications at what the problems are?

Thanks

Angelblue05

It seems to be failing on a query to the server. I've seen the same with other users

url: /mediabrowser/Users/9f71a703f1e34ea1b496def85fac38d3/Items?Fields=Etag,Path,Genres,SortName,Studios,Writer,ProductionYear,Taglines,CommunityRating,OfficialRating,CumulativeRunTimeTicks,Metascore,AirTime,DateCreated,MediaStreams,People,Overview&Recursive=true&IncludeItemTypes=Audio&format=json

cw-kid

Trying to paste another log file to xbmclogs.com now but it isn't working at the moment. The Perform Manual sync is coming up with an error again now as well. 

In my Emby add-on settings I have my external domain name rather than the internal LAN IP of the server, but for HTTPS enabled I think you need to do that anyways.

Angelblue05

What are you saying about HTTPS? It should be working fine with your LAN IP and HTTPS enabled, you don't need your external to get HTTPS working. If I misunderstanding, please explain further.

Anyway, we will check the music out.

cw-kid

@@marcelveldt @@Angelblue05

Now also it seems the Perform Manual Sync also errors again and does not run. 

New log file:

After launching Kodi sync quits out on Music Videos and then says Performing incremental sync then ends, then I run the manual sync and it errors  :mellow:

EDIT: Tried to attach log file but hasn't worked. 

Log file on Dropbox here

Edited by cw-kid

cw-kid

What are you saying about HTTPS? It should be working fine with your LAN IP and HTTPS enabled, you don't need your external to get HTTPS working. If I misunderstanding, please explain further.

Anyway, we will check the music out.

Maybe I am mistaken then, for the primary address I have http://mydomain.com maybe I should change this to the Internal LAN IP then instead, I did try that earlier today but thought it wasn't working. 

cw-kid

OK I have changed it to the LAN IP now when I open Kodi it says Emby Server is unreachable.

Which is what it said earlier today when I tried to use the LAN IP instead of the external domain name. 

cw-kid

I can ping the LAN IP of the server OK from my Windows 7 PC so its not a networking issue I don't think. 

cw-kid

If I turned off HTTPS in the Emby add-on settings and re-open Kodi again it still says Emby Server Unreachable, WTF...

Only seems to connect with the external domain name.

cw-kid

I think I was using the internal LAN IP of the server initially in the add-on settings and then later I changed it to the FQDN so my settings were the same as my brothers who is remote, whilst we tested, seems now I cannot change it back to the LAN IP.

Angelblue05

Reset resync and clear out your Emby settings - Hopefully this will correct the situation. It's the only way to actually change the primary address because it's taken into account for things such as artwork.

Edited by Angelblue05

cw-kid

I can't get XBMCLogs or Pastebin to work, so uploaded the log file to my Dropbox here, where the manual sync had an error.

Thanks. 

cw-kid

Reset resync and clear out your Emby settings - Hopefully this will correct the situation. It's the only way to actually change the primary address because it's taken into account for things such as artwork.

Doing that, now after re-launch it says proceed with following server address, and its the internal LAN IP, so might work I think. 

Now says Welcome to Emby after entering user and password. 

• Like 1

cw-kid

OK got you, will keep that in mind then for the future.

cw-kid

So could me changing the primary address from LAN IP to FQDN without resetting the settings be causing some of these sync issues? 

Although I changed it to the FQDN ages ago and it was still syncing after OK so maybe not. 

Its doing the full sync again now will see if it does the music? HTTPS is also not enabled as yet. 

Cheers

Edited by cw-kid

Angelblue05

I don't think the two are related. But let us know if it works. The query times out, I've seen it do the same for other users.

cw-kid

Times out?

My Windows 7 test PC, in fact the whole house is hard wired with a CAT5e network and a decent HP Pro-Curve Gigabit switch! 

cw-kid

It says processing Home Videos now is that new? 

My Home Videos are still set as content type "Movies" in the Emby Server library settings. 

Edited by cw-kid

cw-kid

Sync seemed to stop some where I wasn't watching:

23:55:16 T:3052   ERROR: Exception in thread Thread-7:
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\threading.py", line 810, in __bootstrap_inner
                                                self.run()
                                              File "C:\Users\Stuart\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\LibrarySync.py", line 801, in run
                                                libSync = self.FullLibrarySync()
                                              File "C:\Users\Stuart\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\LibrarySync.py", line 118, in FullLibrarySync
                                                self.MusicVideosFullSync(connection,cursor,pDialog)
                                              File "C:\Users\Stuart\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\LibrarySync.py", line 288, in MusicVideosFullSync
                                                connection.commit()
                                            OperationalError: database is locked

http://xbmclogs.com/pvfpjjwg4

cw-kid

Seems to time out on the Music Videos then. 

I closed Kodi and opened it again and then the Movies and TV Show library was populated the Music library was not. The start up sync again did not proceed past Music Videos and stops. 

Cheers

cw-kid

Stupid thought! Could it be because I am actually currently playing some of these music videos on the OpenElec htpc connected to MySQL?

cw-kid

If so that could account for all sorts of sync issues, kids playing movies upstairs the wife watching a tv show, me playing music constantly whilst I'm testing these syncs. Surely not?

Edited by cw-kid

Angelblue05

No it just means your database was locked when we tried to commit. You should not be moving in the UI or entering any menus, while the scan is going because Kodi will try to load from the database while we are still writing to it, and you get this error.

cw-kid

I see, normally I try not to move around the UI too much whilst its syncing maybe I did this time.

cw-kid

Well I don't know then, the music library still isnt syncing and the last 3 or 4 times its stopped at about 98% on the Music Videos.