"Dummy" video sources in Kodi = normal?

cw-kid

cw-kid

Hi 

I updated Kodi Helix to Isengard on my Windows 7 test PC today with the latest version of the Emby add-on for Kodi etc. 

Looking in Kodi in Movies -> Files I see two dummy sources

55b00646c4f48_dummy.png

I don't recall seeing these before are they expected and normal?

Thanks

Edited by cw-kid

cw-kid

I just restored my sources.xml file from the Kodi Helix backup folder to the new Kodi Isengard userdata folder and those dummy sources have now gone and my other sources not in Emby have now reappeared in Kodi. So all good again. 

cw-kid

Apart from all the music library has now disappeared! 

Movies and TV Shows still there though...

Angelblue05

The dummy souces is only creates once. It is explained in the beta update announcement. It is in place to allow masterlock to work. I will look into merging with an existing source instead of overwriting, sorry about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

cw-kid

OK thanks, I have manually merged together the two sources.xml files and now the dummy sources are back in Kodi along with my own sources. 

Not sure what's going on with the music library since the upgrade, its being very problematic. The Albums and Artists are still displayed but when you click on them nothing happens and I am unable to play anything. Tried resetting the local DB a few times and also deleting the MyMusic52.db file for it to be recreated. 

Cheers

Angelblue05

That's odd because nothing was changed in the music library area... Can you post a log of you trying to play the content - addon set to info should be enough. Thanks, hopefully it will give us more indications of what's happening.

cw-kid

I dunno its very strange, it was working initially at one point after updating to Isengard, but after I removed the dummy sources it seems to go funny then, probably not related though.

Now when you click on an Album nothing happens and no tracks are then displayed, if you click on an Artist nothing happens and his albums are not then displayed. Also on the Xperience1080 skin music home menu there is a music tile and that now says 0 if should list the number of albums I think. 

I will keep messing with it see if I can get the music working again. 

Cheers

• Like 1

cw-kid

After adding those dummy sources back in again and letting Emby do its scan in Kodi, the music library is working again now, so maybe it is related. 

• Like 1

Angelblue05

It's really curious how Kodi works.... I can't explain this result, but I'm glad you managed to regain display and playback for your music library.

Edited by Angelblue05

cw-kid

The music library has gone funny again after that reboot of the PC. Can still see the albums and artists but can't click in to them again or play them.

cw-kid

So I closed Kodi and reopened it and it scanned again and now the music library is functioning again OK.

Since updating to Isengard and the latest version of the Emby add-on the music library seems much more unstable. 

I have a feeling that when the music library stops functioning that the Emby scan hasn't completed the full scan of all the music songs. 

And when it is working OK it has completed the scan of all the songs.

Will monitor it to see if that is the pattern?

When it says 0 the albums and artists are still visible, but I cannot click in to the albums and artists or play anything:

55b0efd6686da_songs1.png

When it doesn't say 0 the music library starts working again OK and I can then click in to the albums and artists and play things again:

55b0f25b6116a_songs2.png

* I don't think any of these music library issues are related to the dummy sources, just chance it worked again after I re-added the dummy sources and opened Kodi that particular time etc. 

• Like 1

cw-kid

The music album is doing the same thing on the iMAC with Kodi Helix and the v1.1.16 Emby add-on, some times after launching Kodi the album count is 0 and you can't access or play anything. So not just happening on Isengard. 

marcelveldt

Do you by any chance have any other sources configured in Kodi for music and/or movies/tvshows?

Note that you cannot combine both kodi libraries and using the emby addon. It will mess things up badly.

Also do not run the Kodi library scan and/or clean function. The Emby addon takes care of all that.

cw-kid

Hi

Yes I was aware I should not use the native Kodi update library function or the clean library function and have not been using these. 

I do have some other native Kodi SMB sources added, but they have not been added in to the Kodi Video or Music libraries using scrapers and by setting content types.

For example I have added a source in Kodi that points to my "Test Video Files" folder, that contains sample clips of all the various video file formats and containers, however its not enabled to scan in to the library, it just so I can access it via Videos -> Files in Kodi. 

I also have added another source that points to some .STRM files in my "Security CAMS" folder, so I can view live streams of my IP cameras, again this source has not been enabled to be scanned in to the Kodi video library. 

I was on the Emby add-on version 1.1.13 I think, as I don't use Kodi on these "test" PCs every day. However as I've been testing again today they have now updated to version 1.1.16. It seems during this update and subsequent Emby scans when launching Kodi, that I noticed this issue with the music library not always working and sometimes the album count being zero. 

At the minute after doing a full reset of the local DB on both my Kodi PCs linked to Emby, the music library is currently working on both machines. But its been a bit hit and miss getting there. 

Hopefully it will settle down and continue to work. 

Thanks

Edited by cw-kid

badaas

my music was crashing kodi isengard today

now it freezes on album with 2 discs (CD1 CD2) folders

kodi.zip

vEelAeI.png

ohnMPpY.png

Edited by badaas

cw-kid

No go... I've been messing around with Kodi v15 on my Windows 7 PC this morning adding some genre icons and TV channel icons etc, opening and closing Kodi, and still sometimes the music album count shows as zero and it looks like its not always completing the scan of the music songs, will try and get a log file. 

cw-kid

Hi

Here is a debug log file, this was after the music library had already gone funny, the album count was 0 and I was unable to click in to any artists or albums or play anything.

I then turned on debug logging in the Emby add-on and in the Kodi settings and closed Kodi. I then reopened Kodi and Emby did its startup scan and this time again it didn't appear to complete the scan properly and the album count was still 0 and the music library was still not functioning correctly. 

http://xbmclogs.com/pcmzsialj

Thanks

cw-kid

I then closed Kodi and launched it again, the Emby startup scan started and I watched it this time. 

The album count was still 0 at this point, I could see the scan process the music artists and then music albums, but then it seemed to quit out and did not move on to process all the music songs. Seems the scan is ending sooner than it should do. 

Here is another debug log file for this Kodi launch

http://xbmclogs.com/ptujjxipu

cw-kid

After several more attempts at closing and opening Kodi again the same thing was happening, so I then turned off music sync in the Emby add-on settings, closed Kodi and re-opened it and allowed the scan to complete. I then turned back on music sync and closed and re-opened Kodi again.

This time it progressed on to the Music Songs section of the scan and completed. The album count is now NOT 0 and I can access and play things again, until the next re-launch? 

Thanks

cw-kid

Hi @@marcelveldt

Just to let you know, I just downloaded the add-on from the Github page and installed that one on the Kodi PC. 

The music sync now seems to be working OK again. I opened and closed Kodi four times and the full sync including the music completed each time. 

So fingers crossed!  :)

Thanks

Edited by cw-kid
  • Like 1

marcelveldt

OK great. fyi: I have been working on the music sync today and fixed several issues I cam across. A new version will be pushed shortly.

• Like 1

cw-kid

OK great. fyi: I have been working on the music sync today and fixed several issues I cam across. A new version will be pushed shortly.

Seems to been working on Windows 7, however my iMAC is still having issues and doesn't seem to want to sync the music library. 

marcelveldt

The new version with the fixes will be available asap

• Like 1

cw-kid

I don't know what's going on with the Emby add-on on my Apple MAC? Can't get it to sync music at all no matter what I try. 

However its been working perfectly on the Windows 7 machine and not one issue since updating with the Github version. 

Thanks. 

cw-kid

Hi @@marcelveldt

Music sync on the Windows 7 / Kodi v15 PC seems to have broken again, it was OK for a while after installing the updated v1.1.17 add-on from Github, until I had to reset the local DB for @@Angelblue05 for testing the movie media flag icons he is fixing, after resetting the DB the music sync then stopped working again and now the Emby sync stops early again and doesn't complete the music songs. The album count is then Zero and the music library doesn't work as before. 

I have the new v1.1.18 add-on installed as well as Angelblue05's fixes for the media flags are in that version etc. 

Attached is a new Debug log file. 

http://xbmclogs.com/pqzhsf9h1

Thanks