Missing music artists in Kodi and no idea why?

cw-kid

cw-kid

Hi

Has anyone had issues with missing music artists in Kodi with the Emby add-on ? 

Reason I ask is because on my test PC with Kodi and the Emby add-on, when I go in to Music -> Artists the total is 557. 

Yet when I look on my HTPC which is Kodi still connected to MYSQL i.e. native Kodi, it says there are 563 artists. 

So I slowly scrolled through the artists list on each system and made a note of the 6 missing artists:

1. Adam and the Ants
2. Black Eyed Peas
3. Paul Oakenfold
4. R.E.M
5. Terence Trent D'Arby
6. The Thrillseekers

If I look for these particular artists on the Emby Server using the Web GUI, they are all present on there, just not in the music artists list in Kodi for some reason.

And even stranger if in Kodi with the Emby add-on. I use the skins Search feature and search for some of these artists, some albums appear for the missing artists but not all the albums are displayed and some are also missing. 

For example when I searched for Paul Oakenfold in Kodi it found 4 albums, yet looking at the same artist on the Emby web GUI there are 15 albums. 

I earlier did a complete reset of the local Kodi database but didn't seem to help. 

Anyone else seen similar issues? 

Thanks

Angelblue05

The music section hasn't really been worked on since the first time it was implemented. It is on our trello board already - @@marcelveldt will look over it once he has time, but he did mention that he noticed a few things wrong that he wants to correct in another post.

marcelveldt

I will work on the music section next week. I will collect all issues from the Trello board and will also take a look at the fixes that were made in Kodi Isengard.

cw-kid

OK great thanks. 

I seem to have these six missing music artists on both of my Kodi machines that are connected to Emby. 

One is Windows 7 with Kodi v15 Isengard and the other is an iMAC with Kodi v14.2 Helix. Both using v 1.1.16 of the Emby add-on.

Edited by cw-kid

themooncriedout

I have this same problem. I have a windows 8.1 laptop with Kodi Isengard 15.0. I have 156 artists in my music collection, and the Emby server finds them, and displays them in the web player perfectly. Emby for Kodi (version 1.1.16) however, will only display 9 of them, some of them with missing artist pictures. Likewise I have 362 albums, and Emby for Kodi only shows 316. The odd thing is that it will show albums for artists that it won't show in the Artists menu. It will play all of the music that it shows me however. 

The situation is even worse on my Fire TV Stick, also running Kodi Isengard 15.0. On there, Emby for Kodi (version 1.1.13) shows me 5 music artists, only 1 of which has an artist picture, and 8 albums. If I click on those albums, they're blank inside: no songs or album art.

As it is, this whole section of Emby for Kodi is horribly broken.

cw-kid

The odd thing is that it will show albums for artists that it won't show in the Artists menu. 

I saw a similar thing to that as well. Say there was an artist missing from the artist list, but then I could search for that artist instead and it would display some of their albums. 

I am still having issues even keeping the Kodi music library functional at the moment. 

themooncriedout

I am still having issues even keeping the Kodi music library functional at the moment. 

Tell me about it. It's actually a nightmare. The official app for Amazon FireTV doesn't even support a music library, so Emby for Kodi is the only option (unless I go back to Plex, which is pretty tempting,) and it doesn't work at all at the moment. And playing music on my laptop is becoming more difficult, i.e. finding my music, and it also no longer shows artist art as it plays. It's all so frustrating.

cw-kid

I don't know anything about the Amazon Fire TV app, we are using the Roku app for Emby though on a Now TV box remotely and the music library was working on there last time I was at that house. 

cw-kid

At the moment on both my Kodi v15 PCs connected to Emby its pot luck if after launching Kodi the music library works or not? Some times the album count is zero and then when it is, I can't click in to any artists or albums or play anything. Other times after launching Kodi the Emby scan completes OK and the album count is what it should be and then I can play things again. Seems very intermittent, going to turn on debug logging now and see if I can capture anything useful. 

themooncriedout

At the moment on both my Kodi v15 PCs connected to Emby its pot luck if after launching Kodi the music library works or not? Some times the album count is zero and then when it is, I can't click in to any artists or albums or play anything. Other times after launching Kodi the Emby scan completes OK and the album count is what it should be and then I can play things again. Seems very intermittent, going to turn on debug logging now and see if I can capture anything useful. 

I can confirm this. After restarting my kodi server on my fire tv stick, all my artists and albums were present. however, some of the albums were still empty, and the ones that weren't still wouldn't play.

Angelblue05

We are still looking into this. Just so we are clear here, because there's two type of music - there is music videos and music library, both are displaying incorrect artists and missing some entries?

cw-kid

In the first post of this thread, I was referring to the music library not music videos. Where some artists are not listed under music -> artists. Yet they can be seen in the Emby web GUI fine.

Thanks

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
cw-kid

Just looking at this again after the recent add-on builds and these six artists that were missing are now present. 

I have now only 1 album artist less in Kodi / Emby vs Kodi / MySQL, not sure which one or why at the moment. 

Edited by cw-kid