RedStripe

Server Version 3.0.5675.1

Internet Explorer Version 11.0,9600.17914

Videos play in Firefox.

WebM is installed.

Video error in Internet Explorer for a) Videos and B) LiveTV:

a)  55af36199ceca_Capture.png    

B)  55af362b75ed5_Capture2.png.

Error causes anomalies in client display and requires page refresh.

Attached is server log.    http://www.filedropper.com/server-63573122884

Attached is transcode log:    http://www.filedropper.com/transcode-5f077ce6-2b4e-4e6b-ac0a-a44f267e8a5d

Please explain "App: Error getting recordings" in server log.
Please explain all the calls to Xboxlive.com ( I do not have an Xbox)

I've seen this issue identified over the years but have seen no resolutions.

Thanks

I'm unable to download those logs as i just kept on returning to the capcha, but we do not make any requests to xboxlive.com.

geaves

Out of curiosity I tried this, and indeed on IE 11 trying to play a movie from within Emby server got the same error, the fix appears to be 2 things, download and enable Adobe Shockwave Player, and from tools select safety and click ActiveX Filtering (placing a tick next to it). Restart IE and this should now work......well it did for me on one of my mp4 movies.

As to the reference in the log to Xbox, I can't explain, but I do know if I try to play a movie via IE on Xbox you do get a WebM error but it works Ok on the media player, (have tried this on son's Xbox One). As to the Live Tv...sorry have to pass but I would guess that IE is looking for some sort of tuner. 

Geoff

that doesn't really make any sense, so we should probably not spread that around the forum as a solution. i did not have that configured.

from the definition:

ActiveX Filtering is a feature introduced in Internet Explorer 9 which allows you to browse the Web without running any ActiveX controls

Only way that would make sense is if you had some ActiveX addon installed that was somehow interfering, therefore checking this setting stops that from happening. 

I think it's quite possible that it was just a coincidence. Keep in mind that the new HLS playback can take a couple seconds longer to start than before.

RedStripe

Luke,

Whereas videos would not play ("Video Error") I unchecked ActiveX Filtering and I was able to play videos. Playing a video starts almost immediately...no lag time to speak of. I don't know what happened as I took no other action than to check ActiveX Filtering and I was able to play videos and subsequently (after reading your post) I unchecked ActiveX Filtering and I am STILL able to play videos. Go figure??!!

RedStripe

Edited by RedStripe