Channel Logos

KarterJK

KarterJK

I was very pleased to see that the Channel logos were there. <shocked actually>

So I was curious, if they are stored or read in from net.  Can we add logos or change them?  if so how, thanks :)

Edited by KarterJK

• 3 weeks later...
DevDog

@@KarterJK , If you go to the metadata Manager and then click on Live TV, all of you channels should be listed there.

Click on the channel you want to put a logo on then click the Images Tab then Upload. The type you should specify is primary. 

55c7d894b0ed7_Capture.png

Spaceboy

This is a pain to do for 200 channels, especially when previous server upgrades have wiped them. It would be really helpful if support for live TV channels could be added to the imagesbyname folder please

• 3 months later...
spoopers

HI, 

Is there any intention to add support for a channel logo folder similar to how Kodi handles it?

I notice since upgrade that all of my logos have been wiped. It's a real pain having to do each channel individually.

Thanks,

Shane

We have that under the metadata folder although manually tinkering with it is undocumented up to this point and not fully tested

scottd34

I went in to the guide today and all of the channels had logos.  I only have local broadcast channels and it always picked up the locals like ABC, CBS etc but never the sub channels like Laff and Escape for example.  They were all there automatically so thank you for whatever update fixed that :)

No, I'm seeing it too in my testing. I think Schedules Direct has done a nice job adding more channel logos. there was no emby change related to this.

• 1 month later...

Any update for those of us not using Schedules Direct? Maybe a icon folder like in Kodi?

You can use the web interface to set channel images

spoopers

You can use the web interface to set channel images

Yes I did this before but they all got deleted after a server update.

It takes about two hours to do each one individually. There must be a better way.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Yes I did this before but they all got deleted after a server update.

It takes about two hours to do each one individually. There must be a better way.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

That's not intended behavior and if that still happens with the latest release then I will correct it.

• 2 months later...
Kmark40

This has happened to me previously and again recently.  Took the time to manually add the channel logos again and all all gone after one of the more recent updates.

Nikolaech

This has happened to me previously and again recently.  Took the time to manually add the channel logos again and all all gone after one of the more recent updates.

Try to use the plugin "Server Configuration Backup"

• 3 months later...

Try to use the plugin "Server Configuration Backup"

Just saw this thread and I am having issues retaining the channel logos. It takes me about 40 minutes to add them after they are wiped out with an update. I updated today and tried a restore from the server configuration backup but the logos were still gone. I have to enter them all again using the web interface. Any way we can fix this as this is putting me off updating?

Nikolaech

Sorry that introduced you astray.

But I envy you.

I have lost the history of creation of songs, biographies of actors.

Currently, there is no full-fledged instrument for the preservation of data.

It may still happen again. I found and fixed an issue with this yesterday. It's not in the stable release though.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
kingy444

im having the same issue with channel logo's disappearing.

Being in ausralia our XMLTV support is poor so i have them mapped locally.

I tried to utilise the Server Backup util, but it doesnt seem to contain the info on live tv channels? Also have a seperate problem with that plugin as described here https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/42568-file-exists-but-emby-throws-systemiofilenotfoundexception/ but waiting for some assistance on that one.

Never the less, the problem isnt preventing backups so after some help to prevent loosing them moving forward

• 5 months later...
breezytm

Hey Luke, 

Would it be possible to add a channel icons folder and let Emby import it automatically using some sort of naming convention. Where a computer can do this in second, manually doing it is a pain. Besides I've done it manually already and now lost the logos. 

What do you mean lost the logos? what happened there? 

and yes, the idea of putting your own images in folders is reasonable, but if a problem is occurring then I'd like to learn about that as well. Thanks.

breezytm

It had nothing to do with Emby losing settings. I switch provider and the channel line ups doesn't match the other service provider so I have to reconfigure Live TV. 

Edited by breezytm