Beta 3.4.2

7illusions

Xzener

Yes. Need logs?

Unfortunately, the next episode rewind issue is still happening. Just tested it, it's acting the same as it did a couple builds ago. Is no one else experiencing this??

Edited by Xzener

7illusions

It's a transcoding issue.

Since the app forces streamcopy and the server can' handle it anylonger this is happeing.

I'm  currently investigating embedding ffmpeg into the app to get rid of the issue.

7illusions

Also, the app is relased to Store.

Once I've got something t show you folks, the next beta-period will begin. It will most likely take a few days to get there though.

• Like 2

Vicpa

Hi 7

Thanks for all your hard work on the release :) It is greatly appreciated.!!

-Vicpa

• Like 1

FrostByte

Navigating to Now Playing after hitting Shuffle from Playlist now works...thanks

Well, it did work for me on the beta but now I can't get Now Playing to show up without refreshing the Playlist screen.  Release 337.  Just takes an extra click, not a big deal I guess

swhitmore

Hey 7, I'm still getting this issue. Did you have any luck with it? It might be a Windows 10 thing. I'm going to try a clean install asap.

Hey 7, I just installed the latest build and I have an issue where the menus are only loading up some of the time.

55c0be17ef17d_Screenshot41.png

Sequence: 106
Date/time: 2015-08-04T13:30:53.2785439+00:00
Level: ERROR
Thread: 17
Logger: RtLogger
------------------------
Request timeout to http://120.145.21.178:8096/mediabrowser/system/info/public?format=json
------------------------
System.TimeoutException: The operation has timed out.
   at MediaBrowser.ApiInteraction.PortableHttpWebRequestFactory.<>c__DisplayClass5.<GetResponseAsync>b__4()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.InnerInvoke()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
   at MediaBrowser.ApiInteraction.Net.HttpWebRequestClient.<GetResponse>d__1.MoveNext()
------------------------
Session: {"PackageArchitecture":"Neutral","PackageFullName":"436337Illusions.com.MediaBrowser_3.4.2.332_neutral__77hd5e1v1hqs4","PackagePublisher":"CN=CA9FBA89-9B8C-4501-9177-37B89E41D3FF","PackagePublisherId":"77hd5e1v1hqs4","PackageResourceId":"","PackageVersion":"3.4.2.332","InstallationId":"b905ebeb-4ed3-4496-bee8-b3dab518b166"} 

As far as this goes:

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/24153-missing-option-to-disable-play-next

Instead of an option to disable, why not just move it to 30 seconds as opposed to 2 minutes? Also - add a minimum length check. For example, if the current video is less than say, 5 minutes long, then don't show it. That way you don't have it coming up during things like trailers and short channel clips.

Vicpa

Hi 7 and ALL

I thought I would weigh in on a few things :) I apologize in advance for what will be I am afraid a long post, full of personal opinion. 7 you humor me which I appreciate. :)

Firstly I have been impressed with the activity in the regular forum section. It seems the app is getting the attention it deserves. "Bugs" and feature requests are a good things shows people are starting to embrace the app, especially when the bugs are so few.

Secondly,

I tend to agree with Luke (see Luke I do agree with you sometimes, lol) I wouldn't have a disable option on the next up popup. Luke's thoughts seem right to me 30 sec and some check for time. In addition If you don't select the play all from here option it should not show and shouldn't be the default when you click play or ok from the remote. That way you shouldn't get it if you don't want it. The pop size looks just fine on my big screen.

Thirdly,

I have mixed thoughts about the fmpeg thing. With Win 10 I have only two things that transcode. LiveTV and mkv's with DTS audio. The TuneIn plugin doesn't work, but hasn't for months. LiveTV is transcoded mpeg2 to h264 and stream copy ac3. MKV's stream copy h264 and transcodes DTS to AC3 based on my preference. Works pretty well the overhead is negligible  There are opportunities for improvement to be sure, but I would hope you and Luke could get that sorted. I also hold out hope (ever the optimist) that MS will continue enhance Media foundation with additional codecs. The direct stream playback is the app looks fantastic in win 10.

Adding the fmpeg thing to the app would obviously solve some nagging issues, but adds a significant level of complexity and support. I am sure 7 that it will be stellar if you do it, but are you sure you want to ? You know people are going to want to be able to disable it, tweak parameters. push for the latest and great fmpeg version, want hardware acceleration, 64bit support the list will go on and on... Hey I would want some of those things :)

I understand there are some new features in win 10 that you would probably want to implement and their are opportunities with enhanced remote support and tv and music etc.

Just my opinion, I don't know how others feel. The app is already the best emby client. I am sure whatever you decide will make it even better..

Thanks!!!

Looking forward to the next round of testing !!!

-Vicpa

Vicpa

No,

Just puts up with my whining and tolerates my opinionated responses. I did get my very own feature once.... Hmmm maybe I am due another :)

@@FrostByte what are your thoughts on the fmpeg thing?

• Like 1

Xzener

I'm hoping it may lead to Direct play (No Transcoding) with bit streaming HD audio. Have a feeling 7's app will soon be in contention with Emby Theater.

7illusions

I'm currently investigating several different tracks for the app (ffmpeg, custom solution, libvlc). Currently I'm looking into using libvlc, but not for all playback, just where MediaFoundation can't cut it (LiveTV is my major concern, i wan't my Homerun to directstream)

Vicpa

Hi,

How do you like your HD Homerun? Works well in the states, How is it in Sweden?

I agree it would be great if LiveTV  could direct stream. Media Center in Win 8 used to install the necessary Media Foundation codec. There has been a lot of speculation on why MS didn't include the codec in Win 10, basically licensing cost is the reason I have heard. The MS DVD player installs one but seems to be restricted to that player. I heard theories that the patents on the key parts of the mpeg thing role off in September and we will see support then. I have no clue whether that is true or not.  

Edited by Vicpa

7illusions

Still needto get a softCam going we still have encrypted channels,so I only have 9 channels atm, but it will be great. :) 

techywarrior

Would this ffmpeg/libvlc/etc. use be optional? I'd hate to transfer the burden of transcoding away from my powerful server onto my tablet. Also, it would greatly increase the bandwidth required since my media is in higher quality then the tablet uses.

FrostByte

All my newer rips are lossless video with lossless audio in a MKV container.   The server needs to do the work for the most part.