server update breaks live tv icons

braddles69
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

braddles69

HI, Just want to know if I am the only one who has tv icons manually adjusted for live tv (Channel 7, Win, Network 10 etc), but every server update breaks them and I have to manually edit the metadata images for them?

This is a little time consuming (not really too bad, but a PITA), anybody notice similair behaviour.

This happens across all machines (win 7 pc and win 7 htpc, all clients - android, moto x and tf700 tablet, with server 3.0.5675.1).

Thanks

braddles69

I think if you drop it from a great height...

No, just saying the icons for my tv channels disappear after a server update.

braddles69

Okay, using SWMC ver 1199, up until yesterday I think, the Live TV was working, but now even though SWMC is reporting 2 tuners available, nothing is showing in the emby live tv category, there is no guide available, no channels are showing, and no suggestions. It is showing my recorded tv data, but anything to do with live tv is empty.

Server WMC is showing clients online "Emby^PC"

Channels sent to client 18, EPG Entries:    Timers:   Recordings:    

Active Recording:  

Active Streams:   

and then  finally, "waiting for client request..."

can anyone explain what is going on? When I set it up it was kind of set and forget, make sure SWMC was on the local machine, and then download the plugin...and away you go...now, I am a bit confused.

TIA

well remember that server wmc depends on wmc, so you always need to make sure live tv within wmc is functioning first.

braddles69

Yes live TV is okay within WMC.

Actually, although I have Live TV tile in my Home screen, and on the LHS navigation pane, there is no Live TV section in metadata manager, is this helpful in narrowing down my problem?

This is my office PC with twin tuners, my HTPC has a single tuner and uses ServerWMC as well, and that's working fine, same config...so quite strange...any ideas?

Edited by braddles69

braddles69

well remember that server wmc depends on wmc, so you always need to make sure live tv within wmc is functioning first.

So, now I noticed that my library scan is also failing due to "database disk image is malformed", this problem seems to be more than just live tv. I think I will need more help and advice to solve this problem.

so scan is failing about 48% mark logs as attached

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_6qLrpWrZlFanpXNThTbUdkbkU/view?usp=sharing

let me know if you need anything else.  

Cheers

Edited by braddles69

• Solution

delete the refreshinfo.db file.

also, it appears server wmc isn't running, so that's probably your live tv issue. recall that the server wmc plugin relies on the server wmc app.

• Like 1

braddles69

Thanks Luke, I am away at the moment so will give that a go when I get home in a few days, I also had a feeling that the server wmc plugin was not working so will uninstall nd reinstall after deleting the refreshinfo.db file.

As to the icons/metadata for channels would it be better to assign them in wmc (I don;t know if that's possible), so when a server update does come, they are updated automagically from wmc???

Cheers

braddles69

Thanks krusty, I have just been there and downloaded as I was researching, and saw you're link...should have done that ages ago... ;)

Edit, And thanks Luke, after delete refreshinfo.db...scan completed correctly, and server wmc reinstalled, and all good again. Cheers

Edited by braddles69