Library does not update

tired dad
Go to solution Solved by tired dad,

tired dad

Hello,

I am experiencing the issue of no updates happening between Kodi and Emby.  The server works fine and I can see the updates in the web and WMC clients, but not Kodi.  Is anyone else experiencing this?  I don't want to have to do a full sync each time in order to see what's new.  Am I supposed to turn on the Kodi "update library" option?  I thought Emby took care of that.

xnappo

No, something is wrong.  Change something in the library and post a log.

tired dad

I will do so... right now Kodi is insisting on a full sync when I log in as the master user, so it's going to be a while (may not be done before bed).  I will add one movie and see what happens.  So far, one account is updating properly (this is new after rebooting Kodi), but trying to do a full sync each time.  The other does not do a sync (script fails), but also does not update.

Most likely, I'll have to update you tomorrow.

tired dad

Hello,

I rebooted the Emby server and then rebooted the Kodi machine.

here's the log, and two screen grabs.  For the first grab:

55af19af62b33_lol.jpg

I logged in to the "parents" account (on Kodi and Emby). ... that's the newest movie I see

I then logged in as the master user, which still uses the Emby "parents" account and the program again wanted to do a full sync.  It was also off by one movie, because I see this:

55af1a20009e1_ins.jpg

I cannot see anywhere where I have a setting to res-can on start up, nor do I know why the same Emby account shows two different "most recent" movies on two different Kodi accounts.

Yesterday, the master account was correct (and still did a scan upon reboot), and the parent account was off by one.  Most perplexing.

PS @Angelblue05  ...this is what I was referring to as the issues at hand.

server-63573112676.zip

• Like 1

tired dad

@@tired dad

Sorry that xnappo was not more precise. Please post your Kodi log of the time during which you added the item to your server, not server log: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/17599-how-to-report-a-problem/

OK... but it wasn't @@xnappo's error, but my misunderstanding.

After the master user synced, I logged out the that master account and logged in as the parents (again, both Master and Parents reference the same "parents" account in Emby). The new movie wasn't there [and Kodi crashed, but that's besides the point].   Upon restart, the newest movie still wasn't there.  Upon reboot, and going directly into the Parents account... same result.

I enabled the option to show the sync on-screen from the Emby add-on settings, exited and restarted, logging in as "Parents"; the program started running the sync, but very slowly (it did not say "full sync in the pop up). 

I cancelled the sync by logging off parents, and went back in... the movie count went up by one, then went back down immediately and started syncing.  I logged in as the master and it had the proper number of movies, and... it said it was going to do a "full sync".

I cancelled that and then eventually exited.  I'd attach the Kodi log(s) ... but I didn't have Emby debugging on and now the program is syncing every time I start. I've enabled debugging now, for both Master and Parent accounts and will try adding another movie tomorrow.

I have to get up in six hours for work, so I'm done for the night.

Angelblue05

Ok, that's fine. Sorry xnappo :)

The initial sync needs to fully complete for it to not start over next time you log back in. If an error occured during the scan, it will try to complete it next time. Just need to see what the specific error is, in the Kodi log.

• Solution
tired dad

Ok, that's fine. Sorry xnappo :)

The initial sync needs to fully complete for it to not start over next time you log back in. If an error occured during the scan, it will try to complete it next time. Just need to see what the specific error is, in the Kodi log.

I let Kodi do a full scan last night, and then added a new movie today.  Here's the Kodi Log file for you.

Upon start up, Emby successfully ran an update sync and themovie successfully appeared in both the Master and Parent account view.  The oddity is that I see this in the status screen:

55b0782c4f395_full.jpg

Alternating with the actual sync update:

55b07848638d5_sync.jpg

Restarting the program seems to solve it and there seems no harm being done, but it appears once in a while.  Just thought you may want to know.

Since the problem seemed to be resolved, I added another movie to see what would happen.  Everything works fine now.  I've included the log for completeness, but I am guessing you won't need it.  If this problem comes up again, I'll try a full sync on all accounts again.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

@@tired dad

You forgot to attach the log. But if the sync completed fine then no worries. I was looking to see what was preventing your scan from completing the first time around.

tired dad

@@tired dad

You forgot to attach the log. But if the sync completed fine then no worries. I was looking to see what was preventing your scan from completing the first time around.

Weird, here it is again.

kodi.zip

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Thanks, yes your log doesn't show anything interesting. Seems to have completed correctly so that's good.

Well keep an eye on things, but hopefully it is resolved. If you do happen to see the full sync trying again, out of the blue, please post that specific log. I've never seen this happen and I can't reproduce. :)