#21 Danee OFFLINE  

Danee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 242 posts
  • Local time: 12:37 PM
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 23 August 2015 - 06:24 AM

In my opinion it's not yet working completely as it should.
I think that shows that were known on the server and showed upcomming information before a specific point in time (update to v3.0.5675.1 ?) are now not showing information anymore (in my case I had little shows on my system, only The Big Bang Theory, Agent's of Shield, both starting again in September)
Shows added after that specific point in time show up good, I've added two, Gotham and Guardians of the Galaxy and both show (mulitiple) comming episodes, late September (21 and 26) and if I remember correctly TBBT starts earlier.

@Luke, it depends on metadata? Is there anything we can delete to force renewel of the upcomming information?

Thanks!

Edited by Danee, 23 August 2015 - 06:25 AM.

#22 browned OFFLINE  

browned

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • Local time: 12:37 AM

Posted 23 August 2015 - 02:40 PM

My previous post didn't make much sense on rereading it. A picture may help.

Ray Donovan is running now. But nothing until the final episode in late September. Prior to the 3.0.5675.1 update all episodes displayed correctly. Nothing has changed this end with the metadata, it must be working to display the last show in the series. Also recently added show Mr Robot does not display anything.

If it is working correctly for others what can we do to force a refresh of the data?

Scaled this down to 25%, all shows are in September.

Attached File  upcoming.JPG   88.9KB   4 downloads

#23 Happy2Play OFFLINE  

Happy2Play

Trial and Error

• Moderators
  • 16268 posts
  • Local time: 02:37 AM
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 23 August 2015 - 04:15 PM

Where is the information coming from?  Legends is appearing 9/01/15 but doesn't start until 11/02/15 and shows episode 2. 

IMDB list episode 1 on 25 Aug nothing for episode 2

TVDB list episode 1 on 02 Nov

TNT list episode 1 on 02 Nov

TMDB not listed

55da2850badc7_future.jpg

Same issue with Minority Report

TVDB says 9/28/15

55da3cae38ec8_future2.jpg

Edited by Happy2Play, 23 August 2015 - 05:42 PM.

#24 NANO SHELL OFFLINE  

NANO SHELL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 84 posts
  • Local time: 08:37 PM
  • LocationAUSTRALIA

Posted 24 August 2015 - 09:42 AM

YAYA....Thanks for the update. Upcoming is now displaying everything correctly.  :)

#25 eaube OFFLINE  

eaube

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Local time: 06:37 AM

Posted 24 August 2015 - 10:11 AM

Big thanks, all is working great here too. :D 

#26 Danee OFFLINE  

Danee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 242 posts
  • Local time: 12:37 PM
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 24 August 2015 - 11:00 AM

Looking good indeed, very happy with it!

Seems to me like it was only showing the last upcomming show for a particular day.

#27 Maelwys OFFLINE  

Maelwys

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 08:41 PM

I seem to still be having the same (or at least, closely related) issue. It had been happening under the previous stable release, but I saw the notifications that it'd been fixed in the next beta, so I didn't report it at the time. However, I've just updated to the latest stable release (Version 3.0.5724.3) and am still experiencing the same issue.

Here's a rundown of what's happening.

On the "Upcoming" tab, there are a lot of shows missing. When I compare the results displayed on the Upcoming tab (which is missing things) with the results listed on the "MB Upcoming" Chrome extension (v0.1.7, which seems to be the complete list), it appears that the missing episodes are the first listed episode for every day (I've been tracking this for several weeks since noticing the problem, because the extension only displays 3 days of data at a time). The Emby Android app (v2.3.80) is having the exact same issue as the browser interface, always dropping the first listed show for each day.

So that means that on any given day, if there are two shows scheduled, I'll only see the second one. If there are four shows, I'll only see the second, third, and fourth. And when there's only one show scheduled for the day, the day doesn't even appear in the list. 

Unsolicited opinion:

Speaking as a programmer, my opinion is that it appears to be an array numbering issue, or something of that sort. If you're storing all of the shows into an array, and it's auto-numbering them as upcoming[0], upcoming[1], upcoming[2]; but then you're retrieving them starting the keys at 1 instead of 0, that would explain all of the missing records. But I haven't seen the code, I'm just guessing based on previous experiences. ;-)

Hope this is helpful information, let me know if you need anything else from me and I'll be happy to provide what I can.

#28 Happy2Play OFFLINE  

Happy2Play

Trial and Error

• Moderators
  • 16268 posts
  • Local time: 02:37 AM
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 03 September 2015 - 11:13 PM

This is an interesting thought, all my upcoming are showing up correctly on the server and chrome extension for me.  So you may need to provide some specific examples, screenshots.

#29 trusselo OFFLINE  

trusselo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • Local time: 03:37 AM
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted 04 September 2015 - 11:07 PM

where does Upcoming get its info from?

The Nightly show with Larry Wilmore (meh) airs Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.

Emby shows it only on Thursday in the Upcoming section of TV shows.  (No LIVE tv features involved)

#30 Maelwys OFFLINE  

Maelwys

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 11:23 PM

where does Upcoming get its info from?

The Nightly show with Larry Wilmore (meh) airs Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.

Emby shows it only on Thursday in the Upcoming section of TV shows.  (No LIVE tv features involved)

Do you have something else that's supposed to be airing on Thursday, that isn't showing up in the Upcoming section?

#31 trusselo OFFLINE  

trusselo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • Local time: 03:37 AM
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted 05 September 2015 - 01:23 AM

Do you have something else that's supposed to be airing on Thursday, that isn't showing up in the Upcoming section?

not quite sure.

if I knew when every show was on, I wouldn't need this section, now would I?

#32 Maelwys OFFLINE  

Maelwys

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 03:42 PM

I seem to still be having the same (or at least, closely related) issue. It had been happening under the previous stable release, but I saw the notifications that it'd been fixed in the next beta, so I didn't report it at the time. However, I've just updated to the latest stable release (Version 3.0.5724.3) and am still experiencing the same issue.

Here's a rundown of what's happening.

On the "Upcoming" tab, there are a lot of shows missing. When I compare the results displayed on the Upcoming tab (which is missing things) with the results listed on the "MB Upcoming" Chrome extension (v0.1.7, which seems to be the complete list), it appears that the missing episodes are the first listed episode for every day (I've been tracking this for several weeks since noticing the problem, because the extension only displays 3 days of data at a time). The Emby Android app (v2.3.80) is having the exact same issue as the browser interface, always dropping the first listed show for each day.

So that means that on any given day, if there are two shows scheduled, I'll only see the second one. If there are four shows, I'll only see the second, third, and fourth. And when there's only one show scheduled for the day, the day doesn't even appear in the list. 

Unsolicited opinion:

Speaking as a programmer, my opinion is that it appears to be an array numbering issue, or something of that sort. If you're storing all of the shows into an array, and it's auto-numbering them as upcoming[0], upcoming[1], upcoming[2]; but then you're retrieving them starting the keys at 1 instead of 0, that would explain all of the missing records. But I haven't seen the code, I'm just guessing based on previous experiences. ;-)

Hope this is helpful information, let me know if you need anything else from me and I'll be happy to provide what I can.

I just checked out the new Web Client update, and it appears to have fixed this issue for me! Thanks very much!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Upcoming, Episodes, Server, Android App

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users