Some .mp4 files showing up as .ts files and do not play

ronvp

ronvp

I have a 2015 Samsung J series TV and using DLNA, I can only play a portion of my files. Seemingly at random, many of my MP4 files are showing up as .ts files and they will not play.. I do not have any .ts files. all I have is mp4..

any suggestions?

they show up that way because that is how the dlna profile for the samsung is configured to present the media to the device.

ronvp

they show up that way because that is how the dlna profile for the samsung is configured to present the media to the device.

Can I change the profile? Will that fix the play back?

Happy2Play

What do you mean they are showing up as .ts?  Are you say the media info says they are ts or are you saying the are being transcoded to ts?

ronvp

What do you mean they are showing up as .ts?  Are you say the media info says they are ts or are you saying the are being transcoded to ts?

i.e.: the caption under the folder.jpg says: moviename.ts, the other 70% shows up correctly as moviename.mp4

Edited by ronvp

• 3 months later...
funkygibbon

Sorry to necro this, but was there any solution to this problem?

I have a Samsung UA55JS8000 and the great majority of movies appear as .ts and are unplayable.  Everything works perfectly from a 2014 LG in the next room.

• 3 weeks later...
mvheezik

Hi,

I have a Samsung AE48JU6000WXXN and had a similair problem. I had to make a profile and edit the way the TV was identified to have it used.

I added an Http Header. In the Name field I typed: USER-AGENT: and in the Value field I typed: SEC_HHP_[TV] and selected Substring as match type.

Under Identification, Friendly name, I entered the name I gave my TV in the setup menu. I have attached a screenshot.

Direct play of supported codecs (a lot, have a look at the manual) is now working. Unsupported codecs, I have a lot of  m4v files, are being transcoded but won't play.

I am still looking for a way to get this working since I also would like to you liveTV which is served to my server by TVheadend.

Any hints on where to start my debugging?

564cf9d8e7a7c_dlna.png

• Like 1