Scan Library - when specific path is unavailable

AdrianW

AdrianW

I have two NAS boxes - one with all my current content and one with older archived stuff. I generally don't bother powering on the one with the older stuff unless I really need access to it.

When performing a scan, there are thousands and thousands of lines of errors reporting "The network path was not found" as it attempts to scan what seems like every single individual video on that server.

I think it would be a good idea for the scan to validate access to the top level of each media location before going any further. If the top level path isn't accessible - then report that and then skip the entire media location.

• Like 12

Smaky

Having similar issues here. In my case I have a HDD docking station which I use to bring media not used very often online. Would be great skip them if the drive is offline and avoid hundredths of messages.

AdrianW

Would be great skip them if the drive is offline and avoid hundredths of messages.

Please "Like" the first post - this helps bring it to the devs' attention.

Edited by AdrianW

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

I bump this too, as i lose my whole library everytime my fuse mount says goodbye.

And its so cool to identify thousands of files again

Edited by cyberplay

• 2 weeks later...
AdrianW

It's definitely removing images for content that is offline.

Here's a (5MB) log. The server \\kiyone was offline and all content under \\kiyone\video had all it's fan art removed (or at least made no longer visible).

Perhaps the issue is that the affected libraries have two source folders, one on (the available) \\kaname and one on (the offline) \\kiyone.

One specific example is "Movie Archive" which comprises the folders "\\kiyone\video\Movies" and "\\kaname\Video\Archive\Movies".

(Note: All of my libraries have "Download images in advance" checked)

Edited by AdrianW