Tags, Music Video Artist Grouping

LongMan

LongMan

A repost. Do I need to do a separate post for each problem? Also not sure if logs are needed.

I have been testing emby server along with this kodi client and there is a lot lot of good stuff here. I really like the combination.

Just a few observations.

1. The kodi client does not seem to import the tags from the server? Is this by design, or something on a todo list. I use tags to create subcategories so it would be really useful to have them imported.
  2. The server does not seems to scan music videos with "&" in the title and it places a "?" where the are special characters such "ñ" (in the title).
  3. Artist grouping for music has been fixed in Kodi as of Isengard RC2, but I noticed that the artist grouping does not work at all in Emby's Kodi client. I suspect it has to do with the way artists are been handled in Kodi becuase the ListItem.Artist gives the correct info but as I said grouping does not work.

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/7511 & https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/7419 and the pesrsons who worked on them may shed some light on how the artist grouping works.

Music Video Album grouping does not seem to work either.

A request: Is it possible to put an option to not have Emby's Kodi client create items in \\userdata\library\video. I have my own menus and each time I delete the ones generated, they return.

Having said those things, the approach is nice, the web client is beautiful and nice for managing the server. Your software makes multiple installations of Kodi easier to manage. Thank for your efforts.

Cheers, LongMan

Angelblue05

1. I would like to say on the to-do list :) - Added it to our Trello board > Feature Requests.

2. This should be resolved in the next beta version - Will keep you posted so you can try it, and let us know. - Only music videos right?

3. I know @@marcelveldt will look into this when he has a moment.

Request: No, they are video nodes that only display under Videos. What you need to do is make shortcuts on your home menu to items you want to display only. You should not be using Videos as a "playing" directory.

Thanks for your feedback :) Really appreciated, we work very hard on this add-on. You can track our progress here: https://trello.com/b/qBJ49ka4/emby-for-kodi

LongMan

Thanks for replying.

It nice to know that you will be looking into the tags. 

The "&" in the name seems only to affect music videos. I did a quick check on movies and tv shows and found that the movies, Ginger & Rosa, and Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll were scanned correctly and are in the library. Similar for tv shows Mike & Molly, Scott & Bailey, and Him & Her. They were all scanned into the library.

For the artists, I suspect that they need to be scanned to another table. there is mention of actors in those pull requests.

With regards to nodes, no problem. As I said I make my own nodes for the main menu, sub menus and recently added widgets. I can live with them being there.

I am available to test whenever you are ready.

Cheers, LongMan

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
LongMan

@@Angelblue05

Just tested 1.1.49 (beta). Thanks for adding Emby tag support. It has made my library easier to categorize. I noticed that the tags for Movies and TV Shows are imported (instantly, Nice), but the tags for music videos are not imported. Not sure if that is deliberate. Getting the tags for music videos would be super nice.

With regards to the Artist Grouping for music videos, it appears that the plugin writes only to musicvideo table, but there is also a artistlinkmusicvideo which contains an idArtist and idMVideo that should be populated as well. Could that to be the reason the grouping does not work?

http://kodi.wiki/view/Databases#artistlinkmusicvideo

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Yes, I just wanted to see how the emby tags was working for our regular content first. I will add it for music videos next release. It's going to take me a bit, because I am going to look into the singles issue as well. I'll check out the artists for music videos at the same time. Thanks for looking into it and reporting back @@LongMan! :)

Angelblue05

Emby music video tags should be available in 1.1.52. Will let you know once I figure the rest out (music videos don't seem to have an artist link in Isengard... only in Helix)

LongMan

Just gave 1.1.52 a whirl and can confirm that music video tags are working. Working Beautifully. Thank You.

With with regards to the artist grouping, I think there was a change made to fix it in Isengard. It was not working in Helix and Gotham. The PR is https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/7419. I am not a programmer, just picked up a few things hanging around the forums so I don't understand the code, but there is mention of actors. Maybe they used a different table in Isengard. Hope that helps.

Thanks Again.

Long Man

• Like 1

LongMan

Tested 1.1.53 and the artist grouping works beautifully. A million thanks. I don't PayPal account but I will have find a way to buy you a beer or chocolate.

BTW, Is the artwork, poster, backdrop etc for music videos (artists and albums) transferred to Kodi during scanning?

Cheers,

Long Man.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

:) Yes artwork from emby should be added automatically. Is this not the case?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LongMan

It doesn't appear to be so. I have posters (named artist-poster) and some fanart(named artist-backdrop) which appears in the wed client but not in Kodi. I mainly use confluence where that does not matter that much. However, I was trying Artic Zypher Exploded, and the absence of artwork is striking when comparing TV Shows and Movies with Music Videos.

Cheers,

Long Man