• Please log in to reply
1273 replies to this topic

#21 theojt OFFLINE  

theojt

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Local time: 05:56 PM

Posted 26 November 2013 - 01:07 AM

@theojt the green music button works ok for me. Can you provide an Android cleint log and server log for when you click that green button.

Yes, thanks for the help!

Client:  https://db.tt/xiJ9wtfB

Server: https://db.tt/Jb16lmcJ

• Blizz and Panama's like this

#22 doddsie OFFLINE  

doddsie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • Local time: 09:56 PM

Posted 26 November 2013 - 06:19 PM

Hi

Loving the App.... have been getting an error on both my HTC oneX and my Tablet

"Error loading next item" when playing music.....it results in the track being cut short (40 secs) ....then error....then next track starts

doddsie

#23 Redshirt OFFLINE  

Redshirt

Android Adept

• Alpha Testers
  • 5078 posts
  • Local time: 02:56 PM
  • LocationBritish Columbia, Canada

Posted 26 November 2013 - 06:22 PM

Yes, thanks for the help!

Client:  https://db.tt/xiJ9wtfB

Server: https://db.tt/Jb16lmcJ

What folder structure is you music laid out in. According to that log the server thinks you have no Artists.

#24 IcyBergals OFFLINE  

IcyBergals

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Local time: 04:56 PM

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:12 PM

Hi

Loving the App.... have been getting an error on both my HTC oneX and my Tablet

"Error loading next item" when playing music.....it results in the track being cut short (40 secs) ....then error....then next track starts

doddsie

I'm getting this same error on my Verizon LG G2, but I'm able to play back music on my HP Touchpad and Galaxy Nexus.  On the G2 it won't play any music at all, it just gives me the error right away.  I've only played 5 or 6 tracks through the touchpad and I've seen the error one time, it cut a song short and started playing the next one.  And the Nexus I've only played one track for a few seconds just to see if it would actually play.  I'm able to play movies and TV episodes just fine on the G2, it's just music that is causing problems.

Server version is 3.0.5076.20161

Android client 1.0.2 (191113)

Server LogAttached File  server-63521059286.log   18.1KB   39 downloads

Client Log Attached File  client-20aeb4fe-9cda-4a04-93db-0e36591ec03a.txt   10.24KB   20 downloads

#25 Don OFFLINE  

Don

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:01 PM

Is this available in the Kindle app store yet?

#26 Redshirt OFFLINE  

Redshirt

Android Adept

• Alpha Testers
  • 5078 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:07 PM

yep. there's a button on the original post.

#27 coolspot OFFLINE  

coolspot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:23 AM

Been using the betas and rc builds without problems. Just bought the app and tried connecting to my server. Get an error message "error processing user profiles. I only have one user and it has a password. Don't see an area to enter that information. Any ideas?
  • Dirtysouth69 likes this

#28 Redshirt OFFLINE  

Redshirt

Android Adept

• Alpha Testers
  • 5078 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:30 AM

Did you uninstall the RC before installing the play store version? Is the user a hidden user?

#29 coolspot OFFLINE  

coolspot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:48 AM

That was it. I had recently made my only user hidden as I've setup port forwarding. Unhiding the user resolved the problem. Is there a way to connect to a hidden user as I prefer the extra security

#30 Redshirt OFFLINE  

Redshirt

Android Adept

• Alpha Testers
  • 5078 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:55 AM

Not yet, but there will be soon.

#31 seanbuff OFFLINE  

seanbuff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • Local time: 07:56 AM
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:17 AM

Hey Red, congrats on the Play Store release.

I did not hear back from you regarding 2 issues I raised in the RC thread.

Any chance you have an update on these 2?

1. No TV posters -> Log file
  2. Ascending / Descending Order returns random results -> Log file

#32 Redshirt OFFLINE  

Redshirt

Android Adept

• Alpha Testers
  • 5078 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:59 PM

Hey Red, congrats on the Play Store release.

I did not hear back from you regarding 2 issues I raised in the RC thread.

Any chance you have an update on these 2?

1. No TV posters -> Log file
  2. Ascending / Descending Order returns random results -> Log file

Thanks for reminding me, I'd lost track of these when I migrated forum threads.

1. Do the series posters show up on other clients? If you navigate into a series on the android in landscape, does the poster appear on the series details screen?

2. I'm not sure what I'm going to do here yet. I've tested this on three devices here. Mini-pc, phone and tablet, and they all show the correct results. My client logging shows that I'm receiving items but I'm not recording the api calls I'm making in this instance. Rather than me add a bunch of logging and push another build, can you go into your server dashboard and enable debug logging, it's in the advanced tab. Then restart the server.Then try the sorting on the Android client. The server will log the api calls it recieves. Then let me see that log.

Edited by Redshirt, 27 November 2013 - 11:59 AM.

#33 seanbuff OFFLINE  

seanbuff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • Local time: 07:56 AM
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:39 PM

Thanks Red,

1. Series posters definitely show up in all my other clients. Navigating in landscape makes no difference. When navigating into a Series, all the Season posters display perfectly.
  2. Here are the server debug logs as well as client for the same time. Ignore the library scan post restart. The Android client connects at timestamp 7:21:47

The sequence for the Sorting test was done 3 times, starting with default 'Ascending' on 'Date Added'

Asc > Desc = returned random order

Desc > Asc = back to normal oldest date

Asc > Desc = returned the correct newest movies

Desc > Asc = back to normal oldest date

Asc > Desc = returned another random order

Hope this helps

#34 blade005 OFFLINE  

blade005

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 732 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 01:23 AM

Redshirt.

I have begun to experience a delay in newly added items showing up in the Android client in a timely fashion. Items are added to the collection, a library scan is run and they will show in MBC, MBT and the WebUI, but not the Android client. Neither in the NEW tab or the collection location. Eventually they will display, but it could be hours later than the other clients. It seems to be with items that are added to collection with metadata added (i.e. TV episode addition.) WMC recordings, which I don't add metadata for, show up in Android client immediately after a library scan. I store metadata locally, and haven't change anything since this has begun to occur.

Any thoughts?

#35 Redshirt OFFLINE  

Redshirt

Android Adept

• Alpha Testers
  • 5078 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 01:50 AM

Of the top of my head that makes no sense... Are we talking purely TV or are movies and music affected too?

#36 rikiwi ONLINE  

rikiwi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 438 posts
  • Local time: 09:56 AM
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 28 November 2013 - 03:04 AM

I'm just curious but why is the version on Amazon 1.0.3 and the version on the Playstore 1.0.2?

The version I have my Nexus 7 is 1.0.2

Love all the new Media Browser Products.

#37 blade005 OFFLINE  

blade005

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 732 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 08:33 AM

Of the top of my head that makes no sense... Are we talking purely TV or are movies and music affected too?

Red. It appears to just be TV. Just added a movie, scanned library and it appeared in Android client immediately.

#38 Redshirt OFFLINE  

Redshirt

Android Adept

• Alpha Testers
  • 5078 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 05:33 PM

I'm just curious but why is the version on Amazon 1.0.3 and the version on the Playstore 1.0.2?

The version I have my Nexus 7 is 1.0.2

Love all the new Media Browser Products.

Good eye. The only difference between the two is a text popup. Starting with the next release build the numbers will stay synced between the two stores.

#39 thoror OFFLINE  

thoror

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Local time: 03:56 PM

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:16 PM

Red. It appears to just be TV. Just added a movie, scanned library and it appeared in Android client immediately.

I think this is due to the aired date. If the aired date is still in the future, it seems to not show up. Probably the episodes are showing up on the next day.

#40 arztonyou OFFLINE  

arztonyou

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • Local time: 03:56 PM

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:21 PM

Hi Red,

I've been following your Android release since the early Beta releases.  Great job on a fantastic looking app.  I've been using it on my Samsung Galaxy S4 with MX Player as an external player and have been very happy with it.  I'm currently on version 1.0.2 from the Play store.  Sometime between RC 1 and 1.02, some of my collections stopped populating correctly.  I can see all the collections in the library screen, but when I select my movie collection, I just get a blank black screen.  If I try to swipe on it, I see a blank outline of the vertical alphabet strip on the far right side, but nothing else.  However, some of my collections populate just as expected.

To simplify things, I removed all my collections except the podcast collection, then added my movie collection back in.  Again, I just get a black screen.  I've attached the server log and the Android log from my phone.  My current server version is Version 3.0.5078.42671

I should also mention that for a brief time, my movie collection wasn't showing up in MB Classic either, but after adding in the new link to the collection, it now shows up in both MB Classic and MB Theater.  It has always been visible in the Web interface, so I know it's not just a bad link.  And I am using the UNC shares not the local path.

Attached Files

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: android

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users