Android Mobile

Redshirt

41 minutes ago, Figment123456 said:

Is there a wake on lan option for Emby? Read there is on android mobile but I see no option when selecting server 

Screenshot_20200812-171751.png

Try connecting to the server once. After that it should appear in the menu.

• 2 weeks later...

@Luke

Anything happened in between 3.0.27 and the latest regarding .strm files. Its unplayable on the latest version. 

I can scrub files, resume from strm files in 3.0.27. But the latest version is unplayable even from start. 

pwhodges

My webcam strm files are still working fine with current betas of both Android client and server.

Paul

54 minutes ago, gokuz said:

@Luke

Anything happened in between 3.0.27 and the latest regarding .strm files. Its unplayable on the latest version. 

I can scrub files, resume from strm files in 3.0.27. But the latest version is unplayable even from start. 

We're happy to help. Please see how to report a media playback issue. Thanks !

• 1 month later...
a5ian300zx

When can we get the exoplayer for android mobile?

The libmpv player is old and does not work well with hdr content. 

The exoplayer is already available e android tv (shield tv pro). 

Thanks 

23 minutes ago, a5ian300zx said:

When can we get the exoplayer for android mobile?

The libmpv player is old and does not work well with hdr content. 

The exoplayer is already available e android tv (shield tv pro). 

Thanks 

Hi, jump into the testing area of the community to try it 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
nonyhaha

Hello. Anybody having issues with themes on android? Both my phones are no longer able to change the main screen theme. Any theme i choose, it will do nothing to the media library pages. I have a monthly subscription on the server. 

7 hours ago, nonyhaha said:

Hello. Anybody having issues with themes on android? Both my phones are no longer able to change the main screen theme. Any theme i choose, it will do nothing to the media library pages. I have a monthly subscription on the server. 

Hi, we'll take a look at this. Thanks for reporting.

nonyhaha
5 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, we'll take a look at this. Thanks for reporting.

Thank you @Luke, the theme it is stuck on is stock orange accent. The settings page is abe to be switched. At least to dark with red accent.

This is wired af. Just started the app again an it was running apple tv skin, which i tried on last last night. I did close the app last night from task manager but it was not changing themes. I tried doing this on a galaxy s7 and s10.

Edited by nonyhaha
Add info

• 2 months later...
ErikRedbeard

If I open the android app and then try to connect directly to the auto detected server it fails with "Connection Failure - We're unable to connect to the selected server right now. Please ensure it is running and try again.".
But if I go via Add Server" and enter the IP of the emby server (192.168.1.4) and leave port default it just connects without issues.
And from that point the auto detected one works too (seems like the Add Server replaced the auto detected one though).

Here's a screenshot of the IP on the emby server
346686965_Screenshot2021-01-20005513.png.d21f07f2dc3a37f3471217aad33b3788.png

I'm confused on why the one auto detected (which has the correct display name) doesn't work until I Add the Server manually (which seems to replace the auto found one, and not actually add one).
Would be nice for the autofind to just work for the ones in the household that aren't that tech savvy.

Does the auto detected one not connect via IP on local or?

Edited by ErikRedbeard
Moved to own topic.

On 1/19/2021 at 7:02 PM, ErikRedbeard said:

If I open the android app and then try to connect directly to the auto detected server it fails with "Connection Failure - We're unable to connect to the selected server right now. Please ensure it is running and try again.".
But if I go via Add Server" and enter the IP of the emby server (192.168.1.4) and leave port default it just connects without issues.
And from that point the auto detected one works too (seems like the Add Server replaced the auto detected one though).

Here's a screenshot of the IP on the emby server
346686965_Screenshot2021-01-20005513.png.d21f07f2dc3a37f3471217aad33b3788.png

I'm confused on why the one auto detected (which has the correct display name) doesn't work until I Add the Server manually (which seems to replace the auto found one, and not actually add one).
Would be nice for the autofind to just work for the ones in the household that aren't that tech savvy.

Does the auto detected one not connect via IP on local or?

Will help you in your topic: 

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
Vidman

what is (or will be) the emby teams solution to Android 11 blocking user access to the emby download location?

@Luke ?

Edited by Vidman
tagged developer

3 minutes ago, Vidman said:

what is (or will be) the emby teams solution to Android 11 blocking user access to the emby download location?

Are you blocked?

I'm using a Pixel 5 with the absolute latest Android 11 updates (Feb 2021) and have no problem accessing any part of emby whether on Wi-fi or mobile 4/5g networks... Although, I don't use the Android Server...

Vidman
3 hours ago, jordy said:

Are you blocked?

I'm using a Pixel 5 with the absolute latest Android 11 updates (Feb 2021) and have no problem accessing any part of emby whether on Wi-fi or mobile 4/5g networks... Although, I don't use the Android Server...

do you download (not stream, download) emby content? if so can you access that content from any other Android app? if so please provide details

20 hours ago, Vidman said:

do you download (not stream, download) emby content? if so can you access that content from any other Android app? if so please provide details

I have downloaded an episode - by selecting it in the Emby for Android app on the phone and selecting the Download button - over wi-fi. Download completed quickly and it plays fine in Emby on the phone but I cannot find out where the actual file is stored in the phones Internal Memory. If you can point me to the location, I will see if I can play it with something else.

Vidman
1 hour ago, jordy said:

I have downloaded an episode - by selecting it in the Emby for Android app on the phone and selecting the Download button - over wi-fi. Download completed quickly and it plays fine in Emby on the phone but I cannot find out where the actual file is stored in the phones Internal Memory. If you can point me to the location, I will see if I can play it with something else.

that is my point, Android 11 has blocked access to this location which was previously accessible in the android/data folder on internal or external storage

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
Banquero

Buenas tardes..Tengo instalada la versión beta de Emby para android...Donde puede ver las mejoras que se van implementando en dichas betas? Muchas gracias...

14 minutes ago, Banquero said:

Buenas tardes..Tengo instalada la versión beta de Emby para android...Donde puede ver las mejoras que se van implementando en dichas betas? Muchas gracias...

Hi, you can follow the blog for normal release announcements: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/blogs/

And the testing area for beta builds: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/forum/123-android/

Thanks.

• Thanks 1

Banquero

Por cierto @Luke,  en la versión de Android que utilizo en la TV (me gusta más que Emby Android TV), cuando termina una capítulo de una serie y va a comenzar el siguiente aparecen dos botones,  creo recordar "seguir viendo"  y " siguiente capítulo",  pero no aparece el argumento del nuevo capítulo como en otras aplicaciones de Emby. Es así o debo configurar algo? Muchas gracias... 

Banquero
On 10/12/2022 at 10:16 AM, Banquero said:

Por cierto @Luke,  en la versión de Android que utilizo en la TV (me gusta más que Emby Android TV), cuando termina una capítulo de una serie y va a comenzar el siguiente aparecen dos botones,  creo recordar "seguir viendo"  y " siguiente capítulo",  pero no aparece el argumento del nuevo capítulo como en otras aplicaciones de Emby. Es así o debo configurar algo? Muchas gracias... 

A ver sí puedes pronunciarte @Luke. Muchas gracias ...

• Thanks 1

On 10/12/2022 at 4:16 AM, Banquero said:

Hi, yes it's something we can look at adding in future updates. Thanks.

• 5 months later...
chalard87

Hi, the Android mobile version of Emby is very nice, I use it with great pleasure.

... Except for one very annoying thing :

My movies or series always start playing in "Auto" Aspect Ratio. I want them to always start with "Adapter" ("Adjust" or "Fit" in English?).

Is there a way to keep this setting On? 

Thanks a lot for Emby and your hard work.