Android Mobile

Redshirt

Redshirt

I should have mentioned it in the official blog posting, but I'd like to thank @@Darth Octane for his donation of a Chromecast to my development efforts. Hope you like the results Darth :)

• Like 1

Tikuf

I would also like to thank @@gthrift for his donation. Donations like these are really important to development particularly when devs are so removed from each other geographically.

• Like 2

These guys have been working on this really hard for several weeks and all of them did a great job.  Redshirt got the first client out and more are to come.

Great job all of you (darwinweeds, Luis, Redshirt, Tikuf, etc.).

• Like 1

TheShanMan

After updating, the app crashed several times in a row, but after rebooting it was fine.

I've only tried a test cast so far, but it seemed to work great! I can't wait to start using it for real. Nice work. Thank you!

aperry

Tested out Chromecast this morning.  Works really well!  Thank you!  What a great way to extend a media collection into new rooms/TV's/etc.

Edited by aperry

CloudVader

I'm going to be stuck in a hotel room for two weeks in a row pretty soon, so MB Chromecast support for my Android tablet is the best news I could have hoped for! Thanks!

aperry

I'm going to be stuck in a hotel room for two weeks in a row pretty soon, so MB Chromecast support for my Android tablet is the best news I could have hoped for! Thanks!

Just an FYI, there are some documented issues with the Chromecast in hotels. Like the inability to handle portal based wifi authentication. I think there are some workarounds that you could prepare.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

ajz1982

Amazon doesn't support Google Play Services, so CC support won't be coming to the Amazon version.

Well that is unfortunate considering I purchased it from Amazon back in December. I guess I will have to purchase it again under Google Play. It will be great to have Chromecast ability.

Redshirt

This is an issue I'm going to have to face with all these stores. Ouya, Amazon, Samsung, Nokia, and any others that pop up. They all want to do there own thing and as such Google is locking them out of various features. It really adds complexity to the maintenance of my source code if I require 4 or 6 or more different versions of my app.

mattykellyuk

Hi 

I have just had a play with the chromecase feature works great at home (on my strong network) but at my mates (who's network is not so strong) its stopping every 4 seconds. I have tried to change the kb/s under LAN in the settings but it doesn't seem to affect the quality of the video and therefore it doesn't fix my problem. Is this because it isn't streaming from the app, its streaming from the server and is anyone else seeing this?

Thanks for the hard work and hope to see this feature soon (if its not already and I'm being stupid)

Do I need to do a feature request for this?

Edited by mattykellyuk

Redshirt

Minor bug. Under the Music tab at the top, no music appears populated despite a folder defined as type 'music' in the server. Music does appear on the library list, that I click into it from there, just not the Music tab at the top.

That's a weird one. I'd like to see a client log for when you click the music view at the top.

Redshirt

I hard coded the bitrate for the CC playback. I thought 387200 would be low enough for the video bitrate. I may have to expose an option to allow users to lower it. I'd hoped to avoid that as I didn't want users setting the value to high all the time.

mattykellyuk

Yeah I thought it might be fixed. The extra option would be fantastic, it would make my chromecast purchase definitely worth it.

Thanks for your quick response and hard work.

wallaceff

Minor bug. Under the Music tab at the top, no music appears populated despite a folder defined as type 'music' in the server. Music does appear on the library list, that I click into it from there, just not the Music tab at the top.

CloudVader

Just an FYI, there are some documented issues with the Chromecast in hotels. Like the inability to handle portal based wifi authentication. I think there are some workarounds that you could prepare.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Not at all a problem for me. I've already used a Chromecast with the MB3 web client from a Windows laptop in several hotels. The trick is to have a portable router to set up your own private wifi network. Works like a charm once that's all set up, since it only requires one device (in this case, my tablet) to authenticate with the hotel portal.

canuck

I'm having trouble sending anything to my Chromecast. The app successfully connects to chromecast as I get the Media browser screen on my tv.

The problem is when I choose any media it just plays back on my phone and I get nothing on chromecast.

Redshirt

Is the cast icon blue when you press play, or has it gone back to white?

canuck

Is the cast icon blue when you press play, or has it gone back to white?

I've successfully cast some TV shows, but with music it just plays on my phone. The cast icon stays blue when it doesn't cast. 

Redshirt

Amazon doesn't support Google Play Services, so CC support won't be coming to the Amazon version.

aperry

Not at all a problem for me. I've already used a Chromecast with the MB3 web client from a Windows laptop in several hotels. The trick is to have a portable router to set up your own private wifi network. Works like a charm once that's all set up, since it only requires one device (in this case, my tablet) to authenticate with the hotel portal.

Excellent, that's a great solution!

philyew

Currently, there seem to be download issues for the app in.com the Google Play store. It persistently gives a server error when trying to download to a Nexus 5, despite having completed the purchase transaction.

It also does not appear at all when using the Play store on a Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet.