Android Mobile

Redshirt

trusselo

does MediaBrowser for android support Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP)?  

if not please consider adding, this would allow bluetooth remotes/headphones as well as software based generic remote widgets and apps, to control mediabrowser playback, such as play/pause and skip tracks.

this would be handy for users to stream their music collection (and videos), and can use their bluethooth headphones, or a generic widget to control playback.  this would also let volume button hacks to skip tracks when the screen is off by long pressing.

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning. I updated to the latest version of the app this morning and am no longer able to use it. When I open it up, it says "Searching"' then "Requesting Users" then I just get a blank screen with the Media Browser logo on the upper left and the Incognito symbol on the upper right. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, but am not able to get it to work. Any suggestions.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Redshirt

Do you have your server configured to require manual user name entry on mobile clients or have the user account hidden from login screens?

ryvanzandt

Did the individual episode watched/unwatched labels get removed? I have no status for individual episodes now. Nothing for new or watched or unwatched. Sorry if it's something obivious that i'm missing.

Ryan

Redshirt

I changed the Android client to match the watched checkmark/unwatched count used in the web client and MBT. They should definitely be showing if you've watched the episode.

ryvanzandt

Yea I noticed that update a while ago, I have status count and check marks at the Show level and season level, but when i get to the episode level there is no graphical status. The set played and unplayed is returning the correct status though.

Asus TF700t Infinity Tablet.

Custom Rom.

Do you have your server configured to require manual user name entry on mobile clients or have the user account hidden from login screens?

I change the log-in preferences on the server, saved and then moved back to not requiring manual user name and it's working fine now. Thanks!!

Redshirt

If you want to have manual login, clicking the incognito icon will bring up a login dialog too. 

• 2 weeks later...
kamakamadaun

A scaling bug like the one that was fixed in october (http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/807-android-client/page-8) seems to have sneaked in with the latest release. I guess it is a server issue?

16:9 content again appears as 4:3 when played through HDMI adapter.

Stripped ffmpeg log:

ffmpeg version N-59565-g70937d9 Copyright (c) 2000-2014 the FFmpeg developers
  built on Jan  4 2014 22:01:56 with gcc 4.8.2 (GCC)
Input #0, matroska,webm, from 'file:\\XXXXXXXXX.mkv':
  Duration: 01:00:00.04, start: 0.005000, bitrate: 5114 kb/s
    Stream #0:0(eng): Video: mpeg2video (Main), yuv420p(tv), 720x576 [SAR 64:45 DAR 16:9], max. 4900 kb/s, 25 fps, 25 tbr, 1k tbn, 50 tbc (default)
    Stream #0:1(dan): Audio: mp2, 48000 Hz, stereo, s16p, 192 kb/s (default)
[libx264 @ 0443d020] using SAR=64/45
[libx264 @ 0443d020] using cpu capabilities: MMX2 SSE2Fast SSSE3 SSE4.2 AVX AVX2 FMA3 LZCNT BMI2
[libx264 @ 0443d020] profile High, level 3.0
Output #0, mpegts, to 'XXXXXXXXXXX\b7a4bd1f-9483-a6fe-d91a-6667fb673fcf.ts':
  Metadata:
    encoder         : Lavf55.22.102
    Stream #0:0: Video: h264 (libx264), yuv420p, 720x576 [SAR 64:45 DAR 16:9], q=-1--1, max. 1672 kb/s, 90k tbn, 23.98 tbc (default)
    Stream #0:1: Audio: aac, 48000 Hz, stereo, fltp, 128 kb/s (default)
Stream mapping:
  Stream #0:0 -> #0:0 (mpeg2video -> libx264)
  Stream #0:1 -> #0:1 (mp2 -> aac)

Redshirt

A scaling bug like the one that was fixed in october (http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/807-android-client/page-8) seems to have sneaked in with the latest release. I guess it is a server issue?

16:9 content again appears as 4:3 when played through HDMI adapter.

Stripped ffmpeg log:

ffmpeg version N-59565-g70937d9 Copyright (c) 2000-2014 the FFmpeg developers
  built on Jan  4 2014 22:01:56 with gcc 4.8.2 (GCC)
Input #0, matroska,webm, from 'file:\\XXXXXXXXX.mkv':
  Duration: 01:00:00.04, start: 0.005000, bitrate: 5114 kb/s
    Stream #0:0(eng): Video: mpeg2video (Main), yuv420p(tv), 720x576 [SAR 64:45 DAR 16:9], max. 4900 kb/s, 25 fps, 25 tbr, 1k tbn, 50 tbc (default)
    Stream #0:1(dan): Audio: mp2, 48000 Hz, stereo, s16p, 192 kb/s (default)
[libx264 @ 0443d020] using SAR=64/45
[libx264 @ 0443d020] using cpu capabilities: MMX2 SSE2Fast SSSE3 SSE4.2 AVX AVX2 FMA3 LZCNT BMI2
[libx264 @ 0443d020] profile High, level 3.0
Output #0, mpegts, to 'XXXXXXXXXXX\b7a4bd1f-9483-a6fe-d91a-6667fb673fcf.ts':
  Metadata:
    encoder         : Lavf55.22.102
    Stream #0:0: Video: h264 (libx264), yuv420p, 720x576 [SAR 64:45 DAR 16:9], q=-1--1, max. 1672 kb/s, 90k tbn, 23.98 tbc (default)
    Stream #0:1: Audio: aac, 48000 Hz, stereo, fltp, 128 kb/s (default)
Stream mapping:
  Stream #0:0 -> #0:0 (mpeg2video -> libx264)
  Stream #0:1 -> #0:1 (mp2 -> aac)

I think this has already been fixed in my internal build. It was a server change that I've since dealt with. Lets revisit this next week. I expect to have a new build out by then.

Quick question/request, not sure if this is a mbt issue/limitation.

I tried playing music on mbt from the app to my home theater

1. Any way to shuffle your entire library rather then at the album level?

2. I noticed i dont have a screen to control and display music like you do for video when playing to mbt. Any chance we could get a screen like that for music so i can see the artwork and pause, play, and hit next to skip tracks.

The application im trying to use it for, is when i want to listen to music, but not necessarily have to turn the tv on to listen (especially as a former projector user, you do not want to turn on a projector and burn bulbs unless you have to), or i may not even see the tv (if im playing cards or something at the table off to the side with guests) i would like to play music but be able to control it from a tablet or phone without staring at the tv.  Basically a now playing screen like i get for movies or tv shows using the app would be fantastic because while i can currently launch it with the app, i dont really have any control over it beyond just launching it.... Maybe you just have not had time to implement it yet?

Edited by Ghostm

Redshirt

That requires some work on the Android client and perhaps some on MBT as well. I'm not sure how feature complete MBT is when it comes to remote play of media

Ok thanks for the reply, just wanted to mention I sent music from the web client to media browser theater then hit remote icon in the web client, and their was working controls just like video has (stop, next, play, pause, ect.... ) buttons and now playing with artwork in the web client. So mbt should have this functionality. I also tried to stream the music from the app to the web client itself and didnt see any now playing feedback and controls with that either.

I will leave it at a feature request then.

Edited by Ghostm

Ok thanks for the reply, just wanted to mention I sent music from the web client to media browser theater then hit remote icon in the web client, and their was working controls just like video has (stop, next, play, pause, ect.... ) buttons and now playing with artwork in the web client. So mbt should have this functionality. I also tried to stream the music from the app to the web client itself and didnt see any now playing feedback and controls with that either.

I will leave it at a feature request then.

Also noticed the web client has a feature called instant mix, which does basically my 1st request and works amazing. 

The correct place would be

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/forum/98-feature-requests/

Ghostm

Will do, just wanted to lastly mention one last thing to redshirt from my previous comment. Option to shuffle my entire library is actually really close. I noticed the "Play to" button pops up when i click on a band. So i can basically shuffle various albums for that band, i guess i would just like it one step sooner on the first page where it displays all your artists and i can shuffle my entire library. At the band level it works great on media browser theater from your app. I was able to shuffle an artists library of songs from many different albums.

I will open a request in the appropriate area for the "now playing music" screen to be added, but not right now, will be patient and hopefully see it in the future when redshirt has time.

James Nally

Wonder if the server could play a movie an said device like TV and then stream an audio feed to your phone, like head phones for what is playing on the TV.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Redshirt

That's not a bad idea. I'll have to revisit it down the road though. Too many higher priority items.

Redshirt

New android release will be available shortly. This is the big one with Chromecast support people have been waiting for.

Also there's additional logging revolving about connectivity. Anyone who can't connect using cellular or has other problems with their initial connection to the server should provide a device log after updating.

• Like 4

rabbit1543

Awesome news. I just updated and sent my first chromecast and it worked beautifully. One more reason why mb3 rocks. Great work Red!