Android Mobile

Redshirt

coolspot

Been using the betas and rc builds without problems. Just bought the app and tried connecting to my server. Get an error message "error processing user profiles. I only have one user and it has a password. Don't see an area to enter that information. Any ideas?

• Like 1

Redshirt

Did you uninstall the RC before installing the play store version? Is the user a hidden user?

coolspot

That was it. I had recently made my only user hidden as I've setup port forwarding. Unhiding the user resolved the problem. Is there a way to connect to a hidden user as I prefer the extra security

Redshirt

Hey Red, congrats on the Play Store release.

I did not hear back from you regarding 2 issues I raised in the RC thread.

Any chance you have an update on these 2?

1. No TV posters -> Log file
  2. Ascending / Descending Order returns random results -> Log file

Thanks for reminding me, I'd lost track of these when I migrated forum threads.

1. Do the series posters show up on other clients? If you navigate into a series on the android in landscape, does the poster appear on the series details screen?

2. I'm not sure what I'm going to do here yet. I've tested this on three devices here. Mini-pc, phone and tablet, and they all show the correct results. My client logging shows that I'm receiving items but I'm not recording the api calls I'm making in this instance. Rather than me add a bunch of logging and push another build, can you go into your server dashboard and enable debug logging, it's in the advanced tab. Then restart the server.Then try the sorting on the Android client. The server will log the api calls it recieves. Then let me see that log.

Edited by Redshirt

seanbuff

Thanks Red,

1. Series posters definitely show up in all my other clients. Navigating in landscape makes no difference. When navigating into a Series, all the Season posters display perfectly.
  2. Here are the server debug logs as well as client for the same time. Ignore the library scan post restart. The Android client connects at timestamp 7:21:47

The sequence for the Sorting test was done 3 times, starting with default 'Ascending' on 'Date Added'

Asc > Desc = returned random order

Desc > Asc = back to normal oldest date

Asc > Desc = returned the correct newest movies

Asc > Desc = returned another random order

Hope this helps

blade005

Redshirt.

I have begun to experience a delay in newly added items showing up in the Android client in a timely fashion. Items are added to the collection, a library scan is run and they will show in MBC, MBT and the WebUI, but not the Android client. Neither in the NEW tab or the collection location. Eventually they will display, but it could be hours later than the other clients. It seems to be with items that are added to collection with metadata added (i.e. TV episode addition.) WMC recordings, which I don't add metadata for, show up in Android client immediately after a library scan. I store metadata locally, and haven't change anything since this has begun to occur.

Any thoughts?

Redshirt

Of the top of my head that makes no sense... Are we talking purely TV or are movies and music affected too?

I'm just curious but why is the version on Amazon 1.0.3 and the version on the Playstore 1.0.2?

The version I have my Nexus 7 is 1.0.2

Love all the new Media Browser Products.

blade005

Of the top of my head that makes no sense... Are we talking purely TV or are movies and music affected too?

Red. It appears to just be TV. Just added a movie, scanned library and it appeared in Android client immediately.

Redshirt

I'm just curious but why is the version on Amazon 1.0.3 and the version on the Playstore 1.0.2?

The version I have my Nexus 7 is 1.0.2

Love all the new Media Browser Products.

Good eye. The only difference between the two is a text popup. Starting with the next release build the numbers will stay synced between the two stores.

Red. It appears to just be TV. Just added a movie, scanned library and it appeared in Android client immediately.

I think this is due to the aired date. If the aired date is still in the future, it seems to not show up. Probably the episodes are showing up on the next day.

arztonyou

Hi Red,

I've been following your Android release since the early Beta releases.  Great job on a fantastic looking app.  I've been using it on my Samsung Galaxy S4 with MX Player as an external player and have been very happy with it.  I'm currently on version 1.0.2 from the Play store.  Sometime between RC 1 and 1.02, some of my collections stopped populating correctly.  I can see all the collections in the library screen, but when I select my movie collection, I just get a blank black screen.  If I try to swipe on it, I see a blank outline of the vertical alphabet strip on the far right side, but nothing else.  However, some of my collections populate just as expected.

To simplify things, I removed all my collections except the podcast collection, then added my movie collection back in.  Again, I just get a black screen.  I've attached the server log and the Android log from my phone.  My current server version is Version 3.0.5078.42671

I should also mention that for a brief time, my movie collection wasn't showing up in MB Classic either, but after adding in the new link to the collection, it now shows up in both MB Classic and MB Theater.  It has always been visible in the Web interface, so I know it's not just a bad link.  And I am using the UNC shares not the local path.

server-63521236775.log

client-4ef88a2a-cb57-4d49-90a0-815f898d5a59.txt

Redshirt

Hi Red,

I've been following your Android release since the early Beta releases.  Great job on a fantastic looking app.  I've been using it on my Samsung Galaxy S4 with MX Player as an external player and have been very happy with it.  I'm currently on version 1.0.2 from the Play store.  Sometime between RC 1 and 1.02, some of my collections stopped populating correctly.  I can see all the collections in the library screen, but when I select my movie collection, I just get a blank black screen.  If I try to swipe on it, I see a blank outline of the vertical alphabet strip on the far right side, but nothing else.  However, some of my collections populate just as expected.

To simplify things, I removed all my collections except the podcast collection, then added my movie collection back in.  Again, I just get a black screen.  I've attached the server log and the Android log from my phone.  My current server version is Version 3.0.5078.42671

I should also mention that for a brief time, my movie collection wasn't showing up in MB Classic either, but after adding in the new link to the collection, it now shows up in both MB Classic and MB Theater.  It has always been visible in the Web interface, so I know it's not just a bad link.  And I am using the UNC shares not the local path.

The server is logging an error when the request is made. Perhaps @@Luke can help.

That error means that during the server's transmission of the response, one side or the other closed the connection. There is no way for us to know unless perhaps there's some debug logs on the android device that might tell us. But usually when we see that it's the client.

Redshirt

Looking at the server logs Luke it looks like it's taking the server 30 seconds to generate the responses, if that's the case then the client is closing the connection after 5 seconds because no data has been transmitted. Am I wrong that the server is taking that long?

That's the amount of time from when the server received the request to when the transmission of the response ended, so it could include a timeout. If you want to know how long it took for the server to prepare the response before it started sending it, we don't currently have that information in the log so another message would be needed.

Redshirt

Thanks Red,

1. Series posters definitely show up in all my other clients. Navigating in landscape makes no difference. When navigating into a Series, all the Season posters display perfectly.
  2. Here are the server debug logs as well as client for the same time. Ignore the library scan post restart. The Android client connects at timestamp 7:21:47

The sequence for the Sorting test was done 3 times, starting with default 'Ascending' on 'Date Added'

Asc > Desc = returned random order

Asc > Desc = returned the correct newest movies

Asc > Desc = returned another random order

Hope this helps

Unfortunately the logs didn't provide any insight. Just for kicks, can you go into the devices settings->apps->MediaBrowser and clear the cache. Then launch the app and see if the series posters show.

Just to be sure. You do have "prefer posters" set to on in the apps configuration?

Edited by Redshirt

blade005

I think this is due to the aired date. If the aired date is still in the future, it seems to not show up. Probably the episodes are showing up on the next day.

I'll take a closer look, but this is occurring on all TV additions and only in the Android Client. I am adding these on the same day that they aired.

arztonyou

That's the amount of time from when the server received the request to when the transmission of the response ended, so it could include a timeout. If you want to know how long it took for the server to prepare the response before it started sending it, we don't currently have that information in the log so another message would be needed.

After reading your responses, I took a closer look at my movies collection.  It consisted of multiple paths, so I split them into separate collections to test each one.  It appears that the issue is an external hard drive connected to my router that contains part of my collection.  I have to leave for the weekend, but I'll test more when I get back home.  I haven't changed anything in my network configuration, but maybe something is failing.

During the period when I started having problems, I did add the XBMC Metadata saver and I also switched from nested folders to using the [boxset] tags in a bunch of boxsets.  Can you think of anything from either of those changes that might cause such a delay in communication between the server and the external hard drive?

Redshirt

No those sound like reasonable changes. As you mention though a drive might be failing. I've added additional logging to my internal builds to log if a socket timeout is actually happening. It'll probably be this time next week when it goes public as my beta team needs to have a go at it first.

skidmarks

Great Job redshirt (wont say perfect because you beat me down the last time I said that)! Got it at the Kindle Store (using my Samsung Galaxy Tab3). Thanks for your commitment, time and effort on this and to the community in general!

Bravo Zulu to you!

• Like 1

Redshirt

@@arztonyou The newest build, version 1.0.6, has additional logging to determine if a socket timeout is actually happening. Can you please re-test entering your movie collection and provide me the client log.