Folder views

lokiii

lokiii

Does anyone know why I don't have my blue "edit" button on the right on "My Media" in my Home ?

Thanks a lot !!!

Happy2Play

Does anyone know why I don't have my blue "edit" button on the right on "My Media" in my Home ?

Thanks a lot !!!

Are you using any custom CSS?  Or disabled user access to My Preferences?

lokiii

Are you using any custom CSS?  Or disabled user access to My Preferences?

I'm using custom CSS, but only to set the width between home elements, nothing else.

And my user should be "administrator" with full access. Maybe an option to reactivate somewhere ?

Happy2Play

I'm using custom CSS, but only to set the width between home elements, nothing else.

And my user should be "administrator" with full access. Maybe an option to reactivate somewhere ?

Check Users-Profile-Advanced Controls.

lokiii

Check Users-Profile-Advanced Controls.

Everything is checked under Advanced Controls (except Disabled this user of course)

Happy2Play

Thanks a lot !!!

Actually it looks like it may have been removed.  I had it hidden for so long via css so not sure when it was removed.

Edited by Happy2Play

lokiii

Actually it looks like it may have been removed.  I had it hidden for so long via css so not sure when it was removed.

Well i understand, but how am I supposed to organize this "My media" section without it ?

My main issue is that inside my movies folder, I created some collections.

On my home screen, I now have a "collections" folder that contains my collections, but I can't find a way to show these collections right in my Home screen, not inside a "collections" folder...

Happy2Play

There is a user icon in the top right to get to my preferences or through users on the dashboard.  But there is no option to display your collection content via the home screen.

Edited by Happy2Play

lokiii

There is a user icon in the top right to get to my preferences or through users on the dashboard.  But there is no option to display your collection content via the home screen.

Thanks a lot for your help, I asked this because I've seen a lot of posts with config that shows collections right under the home screen, not inside a "collections" folder.

Maybe they use old versions ?

(Exemples can be found here : http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/18046-custom-css-with-the-new-server-beta/page-5)

Happy2Play

Thanks a lot for your help, I asked this because I've seen a lot of posts with config that shows collections right under the home screen, not inside a "collections" folder.

Maybe they use old versions ?

(Exemples can be found here : http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/18046-custom-css-with-the-new-server-beta/page-5)

I might not be understanding your question then.  Which post on page 5 are you referring to?

lokiii

Are you referring to the Collection folder?

I'm talking about the "Pixar animation" "Dreamworks animation" "disney animation" folders of the post #86

Happy2Play

I PMd you.

Moved discussion from Alpha Area.

Edited by Happy2Play

Deathsquirrel

If you don't want your libraries combined into the standard 'Movies/TV/Music' groups then open  your user preferences > click the Home Screen tab > uncheck the box for those libraries in the 'Automatically group content from the following folders into views such as Movies, Music and TV' section > save the changes.

trusselo

blue edit buttons got moved.

top left corner, second button from the right, the user icon

click it, then settings.

very unintuitive.

was very frustrating trying to find that on the phone for my dad last night.

old people hate when things move...

Edited by trusselo

Happy2Play

Yep old screen shots were what raised the question.

54e3a3309811b_normal.jpg

Koleckai Silvestri

I'm talking about the "Pixar animation" "Dreamworks animation" "disney animation" folders of the post #86

Those aren't collections they are Libraries created under the Library section in the Dashboard. Each one is an individual folder on my storage system. Just like Movies but only animated films from those studios. I've broken them out from the movies view using the user options presented.