Can't play from browser and intros no longer working

lanos

not sure what happened but I can no longer watch any videos (music plays fine) though any browser whether on the server machine through the network or streaming through the net. it just gets the dim overlay and the loading circle spins a couple times then goes away, the video never plays and i can't do anything else on the page until I refresh the page. Video playback works fine in classic and theater, except they stopped playing intros before movies something else i need to figure out how to fix.
Anybody else having these problems or at least know a solution? 

Menissalt

not sure what happened but I can no longer watch any videos (music plays fine) though any browser whether on the server machine through the network or streaming through the net. it just gets the dim overlay and the loading circle spins a couple times then goes away, the video never plays and i can't do anything else on the page until I refresh the page. Video playback works fine in classic and theater, except they stopped playing intros before movies something else i need to figure out how to fix.

Anybody else having these problems or at least know a solution? 

Same, browser based playback doesn't even initialize ffmpeg while Android and MBT both work, though MBT is as slow and useless as ever so it's not worth trying, Windows 8/10 app is also not starting ffmpeg. Seems like most of the recent updates have slowed down or broken streaming, depending on the update.

plazma, I don't use intros on TV and my results are the same as OP's.

::EDIT::

And very shortly after I wrote this the web browser is initializing ffmpeg again... I have no idea what's going on.

Edited by Menissalt

Happy2Play

Same, browser based playback doesn't even initialize ffmpeg while Android and MBT both work, though MBT is as slow and useless as ever so it's not worth trying, Windows 8/10 app is also not starting ffmpeg. Seems like most of the recent updates have slowed down or broken streaming, depending on the update.

plazma, I don't use intros on TV and my results are the same as OP's.

Well sorry, without information not much anyone can do.

Please see http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/790-how-to-report-a-problem/

Edited by Happy2Play

armyb77

I am having the same problem.  When I first reboot everything seems to work, but after some time I can't get the web client, roku, or any other device to play other than Emby Classic on my Server machine. I was able to play 1 video before the problem started when generating the log. I tried to enable Transcoding Log but no log is generated other than the one that played successfully, and FFmpeg does not load on the server machine when I look at task manager.  The other issue is that I can no longer remotely restart Emby.  It will shutdown, but not restart.  This problem started on Tuesday (microsoft update???).  Attached is the server log... 

Version 3.0.5675.1

Thanks!

log.rtf

Edited by armyb77

armyb77

can you post the log in the original plain text format rather than rtf?

Sorry about that, I was on my MAC. Attached is the log in txt

log.txt

Sorry I took so long getting back  haven't had a chance to be at the server until now
But I'm on EmBy server Version 3.0.5675.1
logs attached

As far as the intro issue I'm  
Running EmBy classic 3.0.2830

and MBT 3.0.5651.20234

server-63572809567.txt

silvanet

I'm also having problems playing videos from browser on the server.

In my case I had a heck of a time getting anything to work then without knowing how I clicked and videos played. I thought this was an improvement because I can't get anything to play from a client, but just as fast it stopped working again.

Before, nothing worked and I got no error messages, just nothing.

After working briefly I started getting "There was an error playing the video" errog dialogs.

I looked through the transcode logs and saw that the server seemed to be accessing the genesis plugin to play the video, then ffmpeg says it successfully parsed a group of options, but then simply seems to die out saying "No such file or directory."

I just don't get it, but it may have something to do with the way I brought the library over to emby.

I copied the folder contents of my library in Kodi into the emby media folders I created. I didn't want to have to begin creating all those library contents that I have taken over six months to put together on Kodi.

Is this what I did wrong?

I did notice when I was installing emby on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS that there were errors with the ffmpeg installation.

W: Failed to fetch http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/emby/{Repository}/Packages  404  Not Found [iP: 195.135.221.134 80]

E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

Could this be causing my problem? Is there an alternative source for the ffmpeg installation?

If it helps, I attached a copy of the typical transcode log for each time a video fails to play.

transcode-d90a65fa-26e6-41e4-99ca-364f4e21035d.txt

So your library is all strm files containing plugin file paths? If that is the case only there kodi add-on can pay those. You're not going to be able to play them from the web interface or from other emby apps.

• Like 1

Menissalt

Back to the original topic of this thread:

I still can't play consistently. ffmpeg is slow to start and seems to be hanging on something and it only happens on Web playbaack (chrome) and the Windows 8 app. Direct stream internally is fine and so is the android app. I can't play for longer than 1-2 minutes smoothly, logs attached.

transcode-1b1dad82-ca3b-4e04-ab8a-028e716f52bb.txt

transcode-2fc88cd3-2b0e-4462-9580-23f0dbb88102.txt