Change to "Play all From Here" function?

pagali

Has there been a change in a recent update to the "Play All From Here" function for video? I use ZoomPlayer as my external player, have for years (because I prefer the way it handles FF, RW, SS, audio & sub switching...) 

Until recently, ZP was also used for Play All..., the only gotcha being it didn't mark items as watched. (which was OK for my use.) Now all of a sudden today I noticed that the WMC internal player is being used for this function -- which would be fine except that the image quality is lousy compared to ZP. I don't see anything in the release notes about this change... am I going crazy? (My mother did have me tested, really! :D )

Sorry... using

MB-Classic
3.0.96.0 B11-19.1
Edited by pagali

Nothing in this area was intentionally changed.  However, I don't think we've ever supported sending playlists to generic externals...

Well that's interesting. LOL! It's been working fine, I swear! :)

So... which player would you have expected to be playing a series of TV episodes, for example? WMC or the external?

I would expect the internal, but, honestly, I haven't looked at that logic since MB2.  Perhaps some of the externals can accept playlists but I'm pretty sure a generic one can't.

Understood. Any chance this could make it onto the desired features list for the future? :)

Not for a while.  Playlist handling to externals could be very tricky for the ones we know about and next to impossible for a generic one.

OK, this is too weird! Today I started another 'Play All From Here'  which is still playing... (Big Bang episodes) and I swear to the old gods and the new -- they are playing in ZoomPlayer! Easy to tell, even without the greatly improved video quality, by the OSD that comes up with Pause.

Yep, it is sending them as multiple file paths on the command line.  So, if your player can understand that, then it will work.

Fantastic! Please don't "fix" it so it doesn't do that any more. :D

Strange that it reverted to the internal player for a day, though...