Help test new Android video player

Luke

We're working on replacing the video player for the mobile app. If you'd like to join the beta test team to help flesh it out, as well as other things, please reply here. Thanks.

Tranquil

Me too. Have some different Android devices at home which I can use for testing. 

BarryAmerika

Yes please, have not been able to get the current player working for longer than 30 seconds at a time.

aspdend

I'll help out too - let me know - normally I use MX player as a default as it works so well...

kjp4756

Sign me up please.  I haven't been able to compile the recent version since the custom video player was introduced.  I don't feel like figuring out how to get libvlc to compile on my mac.

Sp3kt3r

Add me to the list, happy to help

I will test with 4 different Android devices.

Thx !

Hi Luke, In my family we have the following devices

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

Samsung Galaxy Tab S

Samsung Galaxy Tab 7

Sony Xperia Z

Sony Xperia Z1

Sony Xperia Z3+

Tronfy MXIII (X2)

Nexus 7 (2012)

Huwaei Mate

Emby is heavily used on all these devices, would love to help out :-)

Cheers

Edited by mbc0

Ok guys, the update will start rolling out today, and this will contain the new video player based on Vlc as well as numerous Chromecast fixes. It will be a slow, staged rollout, so if you're one of the lucky ones who gets it first, please make sure to let us know how it's going as that will dictate how quickly we make it available for everyone. Thanks.

• Like 1

damian

Ok guys, the update will start rolling out today, and this will contain the new video player based on Vlc as well as numerous Chromecast fixes. It will be a slow, staged rollout, so if you're one of the lucky ones who gets it first, please make sure to let us know how it's going as that will dictate how quickly we make it available for everyone. Thanks.

I got this. Works perfect with my Sony Z3 lollipop 5.0. I watched an hour of tv on it late last night.

Also I tried it on my tablet android 4.4. On my tablet It fixed an issue I had that was causing me problems. If I started a movie on my tablet and then skipped into the middle of the movie on the old version it would freeze (stop for a couple of seconds) and start for the rest of the movie.  On this latest version it works flawlessly.

My z3 would get this from time to time to. It also appears fixed. Although it was only occasionally it happened on my Z3 so I can't say 100% for a few days.

Apart from it fixing all my issues it seems much more responsive and I love the new touch controls. I think the new interface is nice but the green colour of the buttons on the new interface is a bit jarring from the rest of the skin. Maybe if possible change to white? But hey if that was a choice who am I to critique.

Loving the update!

Edited by damian

Glad to hear it :)

Hi Luke

Im signed in with the correct account in my galaxy s3

How I Know the version of the beta app, what numee is??

I want probe it in my devices:

galaxy S3

Asus Nexus 7

Thanks