Error Processing the Request?

Kirshy

Kirshy

So I have never used a program like this before but basically I just want to be able to stream my tv shows and movies from my desktop in the basment to my laptop upstairs. I have the server on my desktop and Emby theater on my laptop. The server says it's running and when I try to select the server on my laptop I get "There was an error processing the request". Any suggestions?

Do you have more than one network adapter on the server machine, or a VM or bluetooth adapter or something like that?

Can you enter that IP address in a web browser and get the web client connected?

Kirshy

Ayeeee looks like that fixed it (Sorta). I disabled my firewall (McAfee), will I need to do that each time? I'm sure there is a way to allow the connection but I don't suppose you would know how to make sure my firewall trusts it?

+ I can see my media on my laptop but all the videos I play are very slow and the sound/video are not synced up. 

Well done. 

We already do add a rule for windows firewall but if you're using other security software such as McAfee then it will have to be done manually.