Advanced Intros does not find network path

tired dad

tired dad

Hello,

My Advanced Intros plugin stopped playing intros about a week ago.  I tried uninstalling and re-installing, but it kept all my settings upon being added again.  I uninstalled a profile and then tried to add a network location as a test, but the plugin cannot find anything:

55a34c2aa0a98_advanced.jpg

The network paths do not show at all.  If I try to fill a path manually, I get this:

55a34d091d7b4_adv2.jpg

I have not made any changes to the system other than updating automatically to the latest beta servers.  The version of the plug-in is 1.0.4.0 and the server is 3.0.5667.6.  My problems started when I uninstalled Kodi on one of the HTPCs but I cannot see how hat would be related. 

Anyone else experience this?

tired dad

You have to enter a real network path. did you try that?

Umm.... yup.

The paths worked until a week ago, now they don't.  The network paths (shares) show up just fine in all file managers and I can access the files.

Edited by tired dad

tired dad

what OS? what is the  path you tried entering?

Windows 7 is the O; both are 32 bit on the server and the client(s).

I entered:  \\kentaurus\trailers\mandatory trailers\COMING_SOON_20th_Century_Fox_hd720.mp4

I changed nothing in the last month, and then last week, the trailers disappeared.  I made no changes other then automatically upgrading to whatever latest beta server build there is. I am not sure if the Advanced Intros has been updated in that timeframe.

Edited by tired dad

when you enter

\\kentaurus\trailers\mandatory trailers\COMING_SOON_20th_Century_Fox_hd720.mp4

and click OK, what happens?

tired dad

when you enter

\\kentaurus\trailers\mandatory trailers\COMING_SOON_20th_Century_Fox_hd720.mp4

and click OK, what happens?

Then I get the second screen grab:

55a499a65e8cc_adv2.jpg

If I type in "\\kentaurus\trailers" and press enter, I get nothing.  If I press tab, it does take me to the path and I can choose a file but nothing happens when pressing TAB, clicking "OK", pressing "Enter" or selecting the arrow (or chevron) to the right of the filename and then clicking "OK" either.

Edited by tired dad

tired dad

what if you paste that full path to the video in there and just click OK?

Previously, nothing. Rebooting the server a third time allowed me to correctly choose a path and video, and make it stick.  Unfortunately, it still wouldn't play (on two machines). Here's a snippet of the log file:

2015-07-14 00:13:53.5413 Info - Advanced Intros: Looking for intros for user: Parents for item Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day.  Only play unwatched is: False
2015-07-14 00:13:53.5413 Error - App: Intro resolver returned null for \\kentaurus\trailers\mandatory trailers\COMING_SOON_20th_Century_Fox_hd720.mp4.

So, I rebooted the server again and logged out of Emby and back in and tried again.  No dice.  I am now back to where I was a few days ago, with the plugin happily showing that I can play a few files before a movie, but then not actually playing anything.

Edited by tired dad

Adding @@ebr since the plugin is involved but I don't think it's a plugin issue. I tested this with the core cinema mode feature and all worked fine with custom intros.

I think it's possible you are having some networking issues or sporadic connectivity drops, based on the fact that the file picker wasn't displaying anything but then you rebooted and it started working.

The plug-in hasn't changed in quite a while and I am able to browse and select items from my network as well so I'm not sure what the issue could be other than some sort of local disruption.

tired dad

Funny thing is, I made no changes either, and all movies play fine in Emby.  If I knew where to delete the trailer plugin data, I could try that.

plugin data, what do you mean? we think network connectivity is the reason it started or stopped working without making any changes.

• 3 weeks later...
tired dad

plugin data, what do you mean? we think network connectivity is the reason it started or stopped working without making any changes.

I  meant where the plug in stores any settings data.  If I could delete those files, maybe it would work?  In any case I've uninstalled it for a couple of weeks now and will play with it later.