F*** YOU! Microsoft! Guide Issues MUST READ!!!

JeremyFr79

krustyreturns

Most users report that the guide problems (due to MS switching to the new epg provider) get resolved by setting up tv again inside of wmc.

• Like 1

Longrifle

Most users report that the guide problems (due to MS switching to the new epg provider) get resolved by setting up tv again inside of wmc.

this is true, my guide stopped updating so I just ran the setup again in MC and all works fine now.

• 2 weeks later...
Volta10

this is true, my guide stopped updating so I just ran the setup again in MC and all works fine now.

Would you mind elaborate how did you run the setup?  Did you go to WMC and re setup tv signal?  My tv guide works in WMC but not with Emby.  The wheel keeps spinning but shows nothing.

• 2 weeks later...
LASooner

I tried this and it still didn't work. I gave up and switched to Next PVR and Schedules Direct, it is a much better experience. The major drawback is no cable card support for protected content, but I'm using an HD-PVR and Dish network, so it's not an issue for me. I have it all working with the emby server as well.

• 2 weeks later...
dejavux2

The biggest problem with the new Rovi guide data is when someone does a clean install of Windows 7/8....  The clean install is stuck on trying to download guide data from Zap2it.

krustyreturns

The biggest problem with the new Rovi guide data is when someone does a clean install of Windows 7/8....  The clean install is stuck on trying to download guide data from Zap2it.

There are workarounds for this problem.  This site seems to be collecting them:

http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/cfuller/archive/2015/07/22/workaround-for-no-television-guide-available-in-windows-media-center-after-july-20th-2015/

flipontheradio

I was having this same issue on one of my machines.  4 had updateded by running the setup again (1 windows 7, 2 windows 8.1 pro), but I had one machine (windows 8.1 pro) that refused to switch to Rovio.  I ran setup mutliple times, uninstalled WMC and reinstalled, and enter countless different zip codes.  Finally after running through steps A, B, and C in the link posted by krustyreturns my last machine updated to Rovio and loaded the guide data for all my Comcast channels.  I didn't even have to rerun setup, it loaded the guide data on the next open.  Finally have guide data in Emby for Live TV.