Remote Control Feature not functioning

dchaosblade

dchaosblade

So, I currently have Emby Theater installed on my HTPC in my living room, and have another machine acting as a server elsewhere in the house.  I'd like to be able to use the web client or android client to remotely control Emby Theater (rather than buying a new remote for it).  Unfortunately, whenever I go to the Remote section of the web client or the app, my Emby Theater machine never shows up in the list of clients that I can control.  Other Web Clients show up no problem, but Emby Theater does not - even if the Emby Theater device is listed in the Active Devices section of the Server's settings page.

The machine running Emby Theater is a Mac Mini running Windows 10 (most recent beta release), and Emby Theater version 3.0.5651.20234.

My server is running Windows 8.1, and Emby Server version 3.0.5666.8

None of my client devices see the Theater device in the list - neither of my Android devices running the latest version of the app (2.3.53), nor running the web client, nor any of my several computers running the web client (Chrome browser).

I'm not sure if this is an issue with my setup, an issue with Emby Theater in general (I know that, at least until recently, Emby Theater wasn't receiving a lot of love and had fallen a little behind in comparison to other clients).  If anyone can offer any help to get things working I'd be grateful.  If there are any logs that I can provide that'd be useful to debug the issue, let me know and I'll provide them.

bret1958

I had the Issue, Don't expect a lot of help I tried resetting the streaming options in windows media player, a system restore, reset dlna in the server options.... uninstall and reinstall of Emby (BTW that will not uninstall) so I deleted EMBY in USER/APPDATA and tried again.

Rebooting the network was my first thought (including turning off all devices)

Nothing helped short a reinstall of client OS and moving the server to a new machine.

This came with its own set of new issues, but now all clients see each other and server .....never did Figured out if it was the server or theater.. It all happened after and over the night upgrade sooo.

Posting logs did not help.

Windows 10 did not seem to be the issue. But Other issues come with using win 10. (not on emby side)

Edited by bret1958

Theater must be losing it's socket connection to the server. I'll test it out. thanks.