MKV Playback Issues

amura11

amura11

I recently got Emby setup and working and I was testing a few things when I noticed that MKV files have issues with Fast Forward, Rewind, and changing the quality.

Looking at the logs the only thing I see is this error repeated a few times:

Enter command: <target>|all <time>|-1 <command>[ <argument>]
Parse error, at least 3 arguments were expected, only -1 given in string ''

I'm running on Ubuntu Server 15.04. Is there anything I can do to fix this or this just an issue with Emby?

amura11

Thanks Luke!

In regards to MKV playback, is this a known problem or is there a fix for MKVs causing errors when trying to rewind/fastforward?

It largely depends on the transcoding technique employed by the app you're using.

amura11

The server is using FFMpeg to transcode the media files. Looking at the debug logs I don't see any issue while transcoding. It seems to be an HTTP related issue. When the slider in the web player is released it sends a DELETE request that returns a 501 not implemented and the slider returns to the current playback time.

I don't get why this only seems to happen with MKV but not other formats.

spootdev

What client are you using?  99% of my files are mkv which I stream via http to my xubuntu kodi box and not had issues with fast/rewind/etc.

amura11

What client are you using?  99% of my files are mkv which I stream via http to my xubuntu kodi box and not had issues with fast/rewind/etc.

Sorry I should have specified. I was using the Web client. Seems you're right, this is a specific issue with the web client, tried it on the Android app and had no issue.

Seems to happen in FireFox and Chrome.