Not able to log into Emby after uninstall

BeeGee

BeeGee

Well, I was cleaning my computer and I removed emby, emby server, media browser and kodi. I went back to the same download and installed it but now it will not allow me to access my server. Also my notification area icon will not work. I right click it and try to access Configure Emby and it wont do anything. I have tried to also log in with my IP. Any suggestions.  I'm posting a screen shot of where i go if I log into the forums and click on Web Client.

559de61677f5b_server.png

Your help is very appreciated. :D

BG

can you explain

but now it will not allow me to access my server

Raff

I'm guessing she reinstalled Emby and the Emby Connect is still pointing to her old instance, maybe?

@@BeeGee - Based on your other thread, you probably want to make sure Emby is actually starting by checking the logs. Depending on which virus/malware scanners you installed it may have messed with Emby since the server opens ports and does a UPnP thing that triggers some of them to quarantine the application. Once you find the log, you may want to keep it handy since that will probably be needed to troubleshoot further.

Edited by Raff
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
BeeGee

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you @@Raff and @@Luke. I have my android box now and want to set up my emby server on my android tv. As far as my computer goes I have not been on it for the past few days, I had to do a lot of work on it but did get it back into good standing. What i would like to know is that now I have my android so I'm guessing that I install emby android?

as fr my server I still can not log back into it as I forgot my password and cant log into it.

Is there any help for this? I dont want to install the program and not be able to access it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :-)

BG

BeeGee

Ok, This is what I did. I took your suggestion @@Luke in trying to tick on the "Forgot Password" on login in page and to no avail was I able to change the password to the serve. I have done this twicw prior thinking it was going to send me a password to my server and it just changed my password here in the community so I did not reset my password here for the third time. I download all of emby on my computer in the beginnng and accessed everything that way but did have a hiccup on my first login to the XBMC-EMBY server I set up because I did forget the password so I took someone eles's suggestion (dont know who it was and realy dont matter) and I set up a new server name and was able to access everthing that way. Well now I have downloaded my server from google play and am now connected online here with my android device and I'm having problems logging into my server once agian and I have tries all username, all passwords and both of my server IPs and to no avail have I been able to access anything but the forum itself. I have to leave for a while but will be back in a couple of hours and I'm hoping :-) to get this reseloved so I may be able to use my server. ;-)

Any help would be much appreciated.

BeeGee

BeeGee

I'm really getting frustrated because I'm having the same problem as I did before on my computer in not knowing which app is what? Emby Server is named Emby, Emby Connect is Named Emby, Emby theater is named Emby. Is there any way to rename all of these? It should be as simple as opening an FTP Client and going to your files and renaming them. All of this downloading and removing and trying to sign into these programs and not knowing which one is which?

Edited by me for a spell check error.

Edited by BeeGee

Your Emby Server has local users, which might have their own passwords. In addition, you have the choice to map them to an Emby Connect online user in order to enable easier sign on from the internet. You can read about that from the wiki here:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Emby%20Connect

You're trying to sign in from android, correct? Android supports signing in both ways. The initial setup wizard asks you for your Emby Connect login and password. On that screen you use your online (forum) sign in. If you choose to skip that and connect to your server directly, then you use your local server users. Does this make sense? It sounds like you are possibly getting them mixed up. If you need to reset local Emby server passwords, then open the web interface from the server machine, logout so that you can see the login screen, and click forgot password.  You can then use that process to reset your local emby server user password.

• Like 1

BeeGee

Thank You for the much needed direction Arc. I will try what you have suggested. My problem is every time I do go into a program I have no idea which one is which? Of course you know because you have been using emby for a while but it does get VERY CONFUSING when you are new and trying to figure things out and make sense of it all and do not know which program is which. This makes it disastrous because if you give me 3 diffrent programs that are all called the same thing how am I to know which one to use? I have been resetting my password some how on this forum only and I'm not logging into here wanting to do so. I have 2 emby icons (not counting the theater) and when I do try to log on and I do tick the box that I forgot password it takes me to a page where I can reset it and so I do and then this resetting of my password does not allow me to access my servers but it resets my forum password. I have changed my passwords at least 9 times and it is getting hard to remember which one was changed and then this becomes an issue because as I said before... All of your emby programs are all named the same thing. Just a little change would help me to understand which program I'm using and which password I'm changing. I will try what you have suggested and get back to you to let you know where I am. I would really like to start building my library.

BG

BeeGee

Well I finally got into emby and then was able to install the emby/kodi addon program and then I configured it with my emby server with the port number and I have launched the app. I'm thinking that some of my problem was that my server was installed onto my laptop and for some reason I could not access the server already shown because of not having my server on my Android Box. I just want to say that I did have the server installed on my android box earlier and was trying to access my XBMC-EMBY sever but it would not allow me to do so. I went back to my laptop and ran the server on there and then was allowed to access my server here on my android. I'm getting some errors now with launching the Emby addon repository and gonna try to figure out how to copy the log from my keyboard I'm using with my android TV and see if anyone can point me in the right direction as far as fixing the errors.