BeeGee

BeeGee

I have been working on my laptop these last 3 days removing a terriable virus. I have been having issue's wiith my emby server, kodi, emby server, media browser, and installions of kodi and emby software. Geese, Louise, I had a "humungo" (not the name of the virus, a words i made up) virus on my laptop that took over my LAN settings in my proxy server, disabled a lot of programs and settings, and then after all that I had to run Malwarebytes, RootKit, AdwCleaner, mbar, removing icons in notification areas and install AVG. I have been running scf /scannow all day checking my registry and fixing it and getting up to 4-8 WIndows update everytime I restart my laptop. Good news is my laptop is puring like a kitten and as speeday as the Road Runner. Even more good news, just got the ok on my registry file. Yay! Well now I start over but hoping all runs smoothly now. :)

559dc58f08713_scfscan.png

BG

Tranquil

I had a virus recently on my HTPC MedieCenter some month ago. That time, I used MCE with MB Addon. The Virus/ Trojan was introduced by jpeg pictures which are downloaded by EMBY from meta Sources.

Normally that is not a problem cause these Trojans need a security hole in the GDI Lib of windows which got close by Microsoft since ages. The Problem of the GDI.dll is, that this dll is sometimes provided together with applications so that its maybe is an old version which is not fixed. I really dont have a clue how these trojans are got activated on my Windows 7 MCE System. I think that MCE or even MB for MCE has something to do with it, but I can not prove. There was no other Software running on this machine except TeamViewer and some DVB Drivers.

Anyway, I now switched to KODI and everything seems to be good.

Koleckai Silvestri

And what about emby for mce ?

send with tapatalk from my mobile

Image processing is done by the server as far as I am aware and the server switched to ImageMagick.

However Windows itself does use GDI so...

Edited by Koleckai Silvestri
  • Like 2