Cannot play 1080p on local

colejack

colejack

I've had this issue for a little while and cannot figure it out. It started on my old server (q9550 + 8GB) and has followed me to my new one (2x Xeon 5450 + 24GB). I've done a complete new install of Emby on the new server to make sure it wasn't a setting that I configured and forgot about.

It happens with any 1080p videos (over 300 movies). It worked before but I don't know what has changed. If I open the web player (even on the server itself) and try to play a video at 1080p it just sits there doing nothing. There's no process change on the server. If I change the quality to 720p it plays just fine.

Using Google Chrome as web client

Server Specs

2x Xeon X5450 (8 cores @ 3.0ghz)

24GB DDR2 667

Supermicro X7DCL-3

Windows Server 2012 R2

plazma

Nice server 24gb ram (drools) im giving my emby vm 4gb lol and 1.5gb of that's a ram disk hehe.

You had better be putting some o that ram to good use for transcode instead of disk ;-)  ps if your interested ive a way to do this a fairly small foot print, be it that it does mean you have to alter how you do a pause and resume.

colejack

Nice server 24gb ram (drools) im giving my emby vm 4gb lol and 1.5gb of that's a ram disk hehe.

You had better be putting some o that ram to good use for transcode instead of disk ;-)  ps if your interested ive a way to do this a fairly small foot print, be it that it does mean you have to alter how you do a pause and resume.

Thanks. Will be upgrading to 48GB soon. But building my new NAS first. My Netgear ReadyNAS is old, slow and I'm out of space.

I think I am going to nuke the Server 2012 install (plus Emby) and restart with Hyper-V and just run Emby in a vm. Would be better use of this machine.

colejack

I've got a fresh Server 2012 R2 install (VM on ESXi 6.0, 6 cores), fresh Emby install (no previous configs imported). Just waiting for my media to finish copying to my new NAS then I'm ready to give this another shot. Fingers crossed

Haven't been too impressed the with recent "Stable" releases. Seem to break more than fix and add new "extra" features instead of strengthening the core system.

I've got a fresh Server 2012 R2 install (VM on ESXi 6.0, 6 cores), fresh Emby install (no previous configs imported). Just waiting for my media to finish copying to my new NAS then I'm ready to give this another shot. Fingers crossed

Haven't been too impressed the with recent "Stable" releases. Seem to break more than fix and add new "extra" features instead of strengthening the core system.

Hi there. This feedback is very important to us. Please make sure to tell us what the specific issues are and we'll get them corrected. Thanks.

colejack

Will definitely be reporting back, success or failure. Would rather get Emby fixed than have to go find an alternative.

Please make sure to post new server and transcoding logs with the latest server, and I will take a look at them. Thanks.

colejack

Its working now. Not sure if it was the fresh install or the new update that came out but I'm streaming at 1080p again.