New version Update

CtrlAlt7

flexkikr

I would happily pay for this as well once they fix the playback stutter and choppy issue using internal player.

• 2 weeks later...
billy_ray

There's heavy active development. Hopefully we'll have some kind of beta by the end of the month.

I hope we see an announcement by the end of the day (AUG 31) for a new beta!

Edited by bill_ray
  • Like 2

I'm sorry not believing this statement. I've seen this with the iOS app. Theater and iOS app, is the only way for me to enjoy my movies ... And it has been an long walk.

I hope we see an announcement by the end of the day (AUG 31) for a new beta!

Yes ... make my statement shameless.

AdrianW

There's been no movement for quite a few days - I think Luke has been concentrating on getting the iOS app through approval.

the only reason i didn't start to colaborate ($$$) or use emby 100% is the clients :(

the emby theater need's a lot of improvements, no iOS app, and the samsung tv need improvements too, roku also :/

I know, have the xbmc, but I really don't like the XBMC interface.

But probably when they release better clients I will move 100% from plex to emby and start to help monthly.

CBers

the emby theater need's a lot of improvements, no iOS app, and the samsung tv need improvements too, roku also :/

I know, have the xbmc, but I really don't like the XBMC interface.

You need to expand those comments and create separate posts in the relevant forums.

OT: What's wrong with the Samsung TV app ?? It works.

pritch33

I switched over to theater due to upgrading to windows 10 and I dont find it all that bad, it does have a few problems from time to time but due to a newer release coming out  I thought I would wait. The only thing is I would have liked more control over the layout and themes but believe that will be coming in the newer version so really looking forward to its release.

edwin777

Windows 10, seems not to list the “Collections” it’s just blank? Can anyone help?

I have the plugin installed, collections is listed on the home page, but no content.

Windows 10, seems not to list the “Collections” it’s just blank? Can anyone help?

I have the plugin installed, collections is listed on the home page, but no content.

I had the same problem, but uninstalling (and removing all traces) and then reinstalling fixed it for me.

pclausen

I have the same issue.  Windows 10 clean install.  Collections work fine from the web interface.

So Luke, how's the preview coming along?  Will we see something this month?

Things have been pretty quiet lately.

There's heavy active development. Hopefully we'll have some kind of beta by the end of the month.

Can we count on an update this month, or is it just postponed with, we are working hard on an update? Yes, I know all work "for free". PayPal or not. The iOS app has had the "coming soon" status, I do not know how long. And ET has been underway for well over a year, when the first screenshots were shown. Perhaps Emby should change your business strategy, and stick to something realistic. Were other serious companies got away with this? Have you thought about such statements, get users to find other pastures? And yes, I paid several times for MB2, about $ 80 while you decided to give up MB2. I also paid for the old iOS app that is useless today.

Edited by JLPFLD
  • Like 1

Those two situations are out of my control. I was not an MB2 developer, and in fact, the majority of us here were not. That was a different time with a different team, different softwarea. The iOS app you're referencing was built by a third party community member. We had no control over it, so the fact that the developer has disappeared is unfortunate, but again, out of my control. That is why we are releasing our own iOS app. We will also have a preview teaser of the new Emby Theater soon.

I have become aware that it was not Emby team that developed the old ios app, but you linked to it, as if it were your own app, a bit misleading. I know it's not the same team, but then the team might have chosen a different name than MB3 and closed MB2 once and for all. That said, I am an avid emby use and appreciate your work and look forward to the next update, when it comes.

I have become aware that it was not Emby team that developed the old ios app, but you linked to it, as if it were your own app, a bit misleading. I know it's not the same team, but then the team might have chosen a different name than MB3 and closed MB2 once and for all. That said, I am an avid emby use and appreciate your work and look forward to the next update, when it comes.

Well they have chosen a different name now and did offer some support to mb2 users initially

Pirlo1966

JLPFLD is right. Old time user and still waiting for a good and solid HTPC app to get the most out of Emby server. 

• Like 2

now

Yes, recently. I do not mind paying the $ 80 I paid for MB2, it does not go far in relation to the time they spent on it. I think. But I'm tired of waiting for something useful, iOS - which I paid for. And Emby Theatre which is absolutely essential for me if Emby continue to be considered.

• Like 1

I'm waiting as well to test out this major release of ET. I'm hoping it develops into a realistic replacement for MBC, or WMC for that matter. If it has decent Live TV/Recording. The current situation with MS basically letting WMC die a slow death leaves an opportunity for Emby to come up with a replacement. Plenty of users out there looking for it.